Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw one in Los Gatos, CA tonight. Cool, but still terrible build quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Followed this Cybertruck tonight in Los Gatos, CA. Lost it for a bit, then saw it parked on the main downtown street. Wild to see in person... it's not super tall, but it just seems freakishly long in person.

View attachment 989738

View attachment 989739

View attachment 989740

View attachment 989741

View attachment 989742

View attachment 989743
I am in Santa Clara and saw one heading northbound on 101 down near Gilroy as I was heading to Monterey. I bet it was the same one. Looked good on the highway.

Thanks for posting the detailed pictures. Production just started so you will see the imperfections in the builds. I’ll wait a year or two till they figure out the gaps and hoping the build issue would get better like the current models. We are so accustomed to these gaps and misaligned panels where some one may not care long as they received the Inital orders. But for me if I’m pay near $100k it has to be a better build quality and fully functional FSD if I’m shelling out this type of cash.

I hope you Chicagoans are in pickup friendly neighborhoods. Last I heard Chicago burb HOAs weren't pickup friendly.
And the HOAs in Texas expel you if you don’t have a pickup.

Edit: they’re re-writing their bylaws to state that Cybertrucks don’t count as pickups. Has to be Ford, Chevy or Dodge, or Nissan, Honda or Toyota with special permission.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: kabin and Yelobird