Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another update? v7.0 2.7.77 to 2.7.85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which version are you guys running? v7.0 2.7.77 or 2.7.85?
People in Hong Kong were surprised to get another update notification today (we thought they were going to remove autopilot due to regulatory concerns), and upgraded from v7.0 2.7.77 to 2.7.85. Not sure what the differences are. Any idea?

Please update the firmware upgrade tracker, if you haven't already. (That's directed towards everyone!) :) :

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

Has anyone in the US got an OTA upgrade notification yet?

I'll again put in a plug for the Firmware Upgrade Tracker.

Checking the reports page here:

we can see that there has only been one upgrade entered to version .85.

Digging a little deeper, you can see that the user who entered that is Phil K., who posted about the updates in Hong Kong.

Digging a little deeper, you can see that the user who entered that is Phil K., who posted about the updates in Hong Kong.
Thanks. Still figuring out how this tracker works. I get it now.

Just to clarify this thread. Hong Kong works off a different social system and set of laws to Mainland China. The laws and public institutions are modelled on the British system and work exceptionally well. The only part that doesn't is the government organisation which is designed so the communists can't be removed from power, to the detriment of the people. HK is generally a great example for the Chinese on how to run a country.

Because of this most things are completely different to the more backward, communist mainland. The Internet in HK is totally open, unlike the rest of the country. The transport department, for example, has no relationship to the mainland. This is why Teslas are different in different parts of the country. They are much like 2 different countries.

Only one for .85 but 48 users got .77 including (based on posts) a couple of U.S. cars visiting their SC's.

Just to clarify this thread. Hong Kong works off a different social system and set of laws to Mainland China. The laws and public institutions are modelled on the British system and work exceptionally well. The only part that doesn't is the government organisation which is designed so the communists can't be removed from power, to the detriment of the people. HK is generally a great example for the Chinese on how to run a country.

Because of this most things are completely different to the more backward, communist mainland. The Internet in HK is totally open, unlike the rest of the country. The transport department, for example, has no relationship to the mainland. This is why Teslas are different in different parts of the country. They are much like 2 different countries.

Exactly!

(speaking of missing web browser in some markets)

Like the above poster, I've rarely used it. A couple times to check the weather, plugshare, etc. I also loaded my email up once as a test. But all of these are much faster done on a smartphone.

For laughs I used mine to log into GasBuddy.com to post gas prices. Good for a laugh once or twice.