Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Self Driving Technology Commercial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd post this here, looks like a commercial pitched against FSD. I've seen Youtube videos, articles, and such, but never a TV ad.

It is a campaign ad from a congressman who is making Tesla's FSD Beta a part of his campaign. But this was bound to happen. When you release beta software that is going to make mistakes since it is beta and the software is called "full self-driving", people will take notice. And you can argue that the ad is cherry picking the bad and not showing the good, perhaps, but the fact is that FSD Beta almost hitting pedestrians, poles and other vehicles is not a good look! it is bound to draw negative attention. Not everybody will see things the same way Tesla fans do. A lot of people will look at FSD Beta almost causing accidents, if not for the last second driver intervention, and think it is a bad thing to allow beta testing of a FSD system like this.

It is a campaign ad from a congressman who is making Tesla's FSD Beta a part of his campaign.
Not a congressman. A candidate to be a senator, but only because it gives him favorable rates and time slots to run his Anti-FSD ads. He doesn't actually want to win the election. (At least that is what I have read.) He also owns a business that helps develop ADAS software, so a Tesla competitor.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: diplomat33