Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 2019 LR Awd going through the same ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a september 2019 LR awd . we took a trip end of November and 100 percent was 309. Slowly it has been decreasing and the weather here in DFW Texas has been in 60-80 for past two months and yet it has gone down to 290 now and i have only have 10 K miles . Also here is my energy map .

Is this kind of degradation normal ?

Attachments

• D570B8B9-8691-47A8-8BFE-E1D060F4917A.jpeg
    D570B8B9-8691-47A8-8BFE-E1D060F4917A.jpeg
    505.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
...Is this kind of degradation normal ?

Tesla guarantees your battery with 70% capacity but you have just lost 19 miles or about 6% so far so you still have a long way to claim warranty coverage if that's what you mean "normal".

By the way, your charging habit can affect how you got that 290 number. So how often do you charge your car and what's the level of set charge?

I charge every day to 90 percent

Charging below 90% habit might falsely display lower rated miles at full charge due to faster calibration drift but that is not your case here.

Enjoy the car and I would not worry about the battery degradation until it loses 30%.

If that's not a satisfactory answer, you can always schedule an appointment with Service Center.

I think it is normal. I have 8800 miles and mine started dropping at around 1400 miles with a current lifetime average of 240kw/m. I've been sitting at around 295 miles since 6000 miles. It bothers me but it seems to be staying pretty steady at this point. I have come to terms with it though. I know the first 5% degredation usually happens withing the first year and Tesla has told me that for every additional 12000 miles I should only see around 1% loss after that initial drop. If that's the case I will be happy.

I think it is normal. I have 8800 miles and mine started dropping at around 1400 miles with a current lifetime average of 240kw/m. I've been sitting at around 295 miles since 6000 miles. It bothers me but it seems to be staying pretty steady at this point. I have come to terms with it though. I know the first 5% degredation usually happens withing the first year and Tesla has told me that for every additional 12000 miles I should only see around 1% loss after that initial drop. If that's the case I will be happy.
Correction. It seems around 4500-5000 miles it tapered off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-064110_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-064110_Chrome.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 58
Okay just stop looking at the range display! Treat your battery like a gas fuel tank, where the fuel gauge shows a percentage of fuel in the tank. It's funny how nobody ever complains so much about range variations in an ICE vehicles range, yet there are variations due to driving conditions like load, weather, elevations and speed of travel.

Okay just stop looking at the range display! Treat your battery like a gas fuel tank, where the fuel gauge shows a percentage of fuel in the tank. It's funny how nobody ever complains so much about range variations in an ICE vehicles range, yet there are variations due to driving conditions like load, weather, elevations and speed of travel.
Because they can fuel up everywhere and I still got better than rated mpg after 220,000 miles. Not complaining, but that's the reason why.

Reactions: Gizmo35