Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any advise on purchasing a used Tesla from the experts;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, I posted a couple remarks about buying used and BADVIN.ORG looking at used and seeing dealers buying wrecks and reselling them. Yesterday, I stopped at the Southlake, TX Tesla store and inquired about many things relating to buying used. The people there didn't mind answering my questions and offered up that NEW vehicles (showroom models were available; 75D) since being done away with. The guys shot me a couple of emails with available cars and today one caught my eye and I decided it was time to forget about worrying about getting a lemon, warranty, etc., etc. So, I purchased a new 2019 S 75D, that was in San Francisco. Now I can quit looking on the internet and researching the background of each vehicle. I can sleep tonight.
Wow! Thats just awesome!! Talk about living right! The stars surely did align for you! Im happy for you and soon my day will come!! Send pictures! You can't beat a better "used" deal than a show room model!!!

What's the price? How many miles? What features?
My apologies! I was under the impression the link had all of the details!

Here’s the details: $46,800

5YJSA1H11FF086678

39k miles

Features
  • 85 kWh Battery
  • Rear Wheel Drive
  • 265 miles range (EPA)
  • 5.4 seconds 0-60 mph
  1. Red Multi-Coat Paint
  2. Black Next Generation Seats
  3. 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  4. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  5. Piano Black Décor
  6. White Alcantara Headliner
  7. Autopilot with convenience features
  8. Free Supercharging
  9. Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  10. Keyless Entry
  11. Power Liftgate
  12. GPS Enabled Homelink
    What's the price? How many miles? What features?

If you a are okay with white color. See the below which is a unicorn with ap2 and free unlimited super charging.

This is good deal if color is not the high priority.

2016 Tesla Model S ALL WHEEL DRIVE MODEL S 21" BLACK TURBINES | eBay
I'm pretty sure this car has been in an accident for a couple reasons.
  1. Listing doesn't say "accident-free", it says "Carfa[x] certified miles", an expression that is rather meaningless but sounds designed to deceive.
  2. The dealer is not providing the Autocheck history report that can be offered in the eBay listing, this is suspicious.
  3. The Autocheck preview shows 12 records, that is a lot for such a new car.
  4. The price is extremely low.

The only thing I found were pics... maybe I missed something.

So what features are your must-haves and what are your nice-to-have features and what are the features you want to avoid? That will help for the search and the feedback from the community.

No, I think you’re 100% correct! I pasted the wrong link but I did try to edit it above! Honestly, I don’t have many!
I really would love a red exterior with black interior.
It would be my primary commuting car!
Hence, I would like for it to have a 85 battery( unless anyone has any thoughts otherwise on range etc/experience)
B/c I will be commuting approximately 60 miles/day(in traffic)& would really not want to have to plan on stopping to charge.
At least AP 1( would love AP2)
I think That’s pretty much it! Lol
Things I would like, but not must haves
-Sunroof
-rear facing seats

My apologies! I was under the impression the link had all of the details!

Here’s the details: $46,800

5YJSA1H11FF086678

39k miles

Features
  • 85 kWh Battery
  • Rear Wheel Drive
  • 265 miles range (EPA)
  • 5.4 seconds 0-60 mph
  1. Red Multi-Coat Paint
  2. Black Next Generation Seats
  3. 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  4. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  5. Piano Black Décor
  6. White Alcantara Headliner
  7. Autopilot with convenience features
  8. Free Supercharging
  9. Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  10. Keyless Entry
  11. Power Liftgate
  12. GPS Enabled Homelink

Plug in all your must have's into this site and be patient.

Also click on the $$ sign to see how the prices fall to get an idea of where their bottom is, do this on a lot of cars. Get pictures of cars you like and watch the pricing drop and play the waiting game..

Attachments

• Must have.JPG
    Must have.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Reduction.JPG
    Reduction.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 59
5YJSA1H11FF086678
Found 8 historical records.
Last reported odo: 38,913 mi
2015 TESLA MODEL S 85
VIN: 5YJSA1H11FF086678
HATCHBACK 4 DR, REAR WHEEL DRIVE
X, ELECTRIC
Owners Events
Owner #1
2015-12-28 — now (3 years)
States: WI, OH
Last odometer reported: 38,913 mi
Mileage for the period: 38,913 mi
Mileage Events
Date
Mileage
2018-12-11
2 months ago
38,913 mi
+38,863 mi for 3 years
2015-12-23
3 years ago
50 mi
Events List
Date
Mileage
Source
Comment
2019-01-02
2 months ago

Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Columbus, OH
Title #2515179297
Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
2018-12-11
2 months ago
38,913 mi
Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Vehicle purchase reported
2018-11-05
4 months ago

Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Yellow Springs, OH
Title #2513472156
Registration issued or renewed
2017-12-19
a year ago

Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Yellow Springs, OH
Title #2513472156
2016-10-17
2 years ago

Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Yellow Springs, OH
Title #2513472156
2016-01-02
3 years ago

Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Yellow Springs, OH
Title #2513472156
2015-12-28
3 years ago

Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Oshkosh, WI
Title #2513472156
Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported
2015-12-23
3 years ago
50 mi
Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Vehicle purchase reported
Titled or registered as
corporate vehicle

1. Listing doesn't say "accident-free", it says "Carfa[x] certified miles", an expression that is rather meaningless but sounds designed to deceive.
  2. The dealer is not providing the Autocheck history report that can be offered in the eBay listing, this is suspicious.

Autocheck report from the dealer doesnt show any accident. I agree the price is extremely low so may need more investigations

https://vms.autorevo.com/api/autocheck/1050/6575395

• Helpful
Reactions: Seven7
If I had to guess I'd say driver's side side impact as the driver's side door is CCW a degree or two. Something just don't look right on that side and it's more than the usual "Tesla panel gap" variance.

Here is one from tesla that is a 75 (should be fine for your commute) with refresh, AP1 and 30k miles.

Model S 75 5YJSA1E15GF149917 | Tesla
It appears to have PUP too because Tesla shows that it has the HEPA filter. Or did they maybe just do the HEPA upgrade before selling it CPO? The good thing is that since it's a CPO car you can ask Tesla for the window sticker to see all features.

It appears to have PUP too because Tesla shows that it has the HEPA filter. Or did they maybe just do the HEPA upgrade before selling it CPO? The good thing is that since it's a CPO car you can ask Tesla for the window sticker to see all features.

Option lookup says that it has the Premium Upgrades Packages and the hepa filter. Of all the cars talked about in this thread I like this one the best. North Florida probably means Jacksonville or Orlando.

You guys are the best! I swear I didn’t think getting a Tesla would involve so much research! I promise I wouldn’t know where to begin without you guys!!??....Wait what!! I was told I wasn’t allowed to see it prior to actually taking ownership of the vehicle!!???(CPO that is!)

Not having @ least the 85 does make me a little nervous b/c I do have family that’s close to 80 miles away& would like not have to stress about charge!?!? But of course you guys would actually know best!

Not having @ least the 85 does make me a little nervous b/c I do have family that’s close to 80 miles away& would like not have to stress about charge!?!? But of course you guys would actually know best!

In the warmer states (like GA), an 85kWh battery will likely get you more than actual 200 miles on a charge (more like 240 miles in perfect conditions).. You could easily do 160 miles round trip, with a little extra to spare for local driving. And if you do need to charge, there are Superchargers all over Georgia you could pop-into for a 10-15 minute charge if you're running low.

Reactions: FlyinLow