Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I know there are a lot of mudflap/mudguard/ rear quarter panel protection threads. Of all of the options available, I can only find two basic styles, flat, or concave. What I'm wondering is, has anyone seen an option that is slightly flared or convex, such that it directs air and road debris away from the body of the car, rather than trying to catch it like a traditional mudflap would? Alternatively, one of the flat ones that is sufficiently flexible that it would become flared at highway speeds may also be better than a rigid flat or concave option. Where I live is mostly dry so I'm less concerned about wet debris, mostly just trying to avoid rock chips.

Thanks for any information or discussion.

Thanks for the replies, I think effective mud guards normally stick out an inch or so from the outside edge of the tread so that when the wheels are turned slightly it will catch what gets kicked up. I can't find much information on any improvement in the traditional design for the Model Y or any other car though. I did find an entry to a design contest from last year that implements a slightly crude but seemingly well-characterized version of what I had imagined.