TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any animosity from non-Tesla owners?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Panoz, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Panoz

Panoz Member

When I had a Delorean, everyone thought they were cool. Owning one wasn't a sign of being rich (but it should have been - don't get me started on maintenance).

Just curious - has anyone been the butt of jokes, insults or other such behavior for owning a Model S? Owning a Lambo, for example, gets both admiration and outright jealousy. Some folks might even try to damage an expensive car because they don't have one (I'm not talking about theft).

Any Tesla owners starting to get the "rich old jerk" comments?

2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

#2 Xenoilphobe, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    No the only on road animosity i have seen this the usual Testosterony behavior of some pickup truck drivers - but they drive like JA's when I'm in my other cars too. If it lifted, the oxygen level must be lower and it affects decision making or just harder to drive so they just ignore the normal rules. (I'm guilty of this my FJ is a pain to drive in traffic due to the numerous blind spots!!!)

3. Panoz

Panoz Member

"Testosterony" - me likee. I'm using that one...

4. BerTX

BerTX Member

There were reports of vandalism in San Francisco, etching anti-rich comments in the paint.

5. Panoz

Panoz Member

Well, let's hope that Tesla owner behavior has a continued good reputation. If we get the stereotype of being pompus arses then the allure of Tesla will stop being a good thing...

6. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

I get the occasional snide remark about my "expensive car" and "can you drive it in the rain?" from the pleebs. No one has keyed my car, yet.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The worst I've received is "I would miss the noise".

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Nope, not once in >4 years driving Teslas. I would take offence at being called 'old' though. ;-)