Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Bay Area End-of-Quarter VINs yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my long range RWD white ext/black int no FSD at mid-May. Noticed my mvpa is available now. No idea if it's final, mvpa is show VIN 13xxx with 15 miles. Received both 2-4 and 1-2 week text, but nothing else. Plus, Tesla's insurance is not letting me get a quote.

99% of the bay area deliveries usually happen over the last 7-10 days of the quarter ending. Tesla would like to report high sales number ( sold not shipped or in transit as then it counts as inventory stock) . So they ship out most out of state and out of bay area cars first and then then make most of the bay area deliveries in the last week .. so keep your fingers crossed....

Update. Got my express pickup email at Fremont just now. I wasn't given a choice for pickup location or time.
  1. On 5/28/2020, I cancelled my long range RWD reservation and decided to start a new order fora White/White long range AWD no FSD.
  2. Got 2-4 weeks text on 6-2-2020.
  3. Got 1-2 weeks text on 6-14-2020.
  4. Noticed account updated with payment request and mvpa with VIN 13xxx on 6-18-2020.
  5. Received express pickup email about 30 minutes ago with pickup date set as anytime on Sunday, 6-21-2020.
In addition, I am able to get a quote for Tesla insurance now. For about the same amount of coverage, it was a bit too expensive compared to Progressive (I have multi-auto, multi-policy and good driver discount).

Good luck to others still waiting. As we approach end of quarter, most cars are going to be allocated for the bay area.

I'm in the Bay Area and just got my VIN this Sunday morning!

I received a text ("expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days") last Sunday.

I received another text ("Get ready to meet your Model Y!") today! I logged in and saw they assigned me a VIN (17xxx).

I just got this text:

“Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/23 - 6/25 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.”

still no vin though..