Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadian VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without naming people, because I don't want to burden them further.
1. Last week I called a Tesla store, and was told my file was handled by another store (everyone is pitching in) and given the first name of the DS from that other store I was tentatlively assigned to (I still don't have a VIN). Tried to call him but never succeed talking to him. Busy assisting other customers. Fair enough. I don't have a Vin, so what can he do...
2. Five days ago, I search the internet for people working for Tesla at that location with that first name. 2) Find a full name 3) Send an e-mail seeking for polite follow-up to five permutations of an email address at tesla.com fitting that name. Got four error messages from Tesla e-mail server. So one got through.
3. Today, five days after my email, I get the reply from my DS. Bingo!

So I am sharing the news so that you don't have to bother them with a similar request. Tesla Canada is really going into some crazy growing pains right now.
I tried the other way that I contacted my DS through Linkedin.

There are 40 Model 3 just arrived today and all of them are 18" aero wheels. They have a generator charging up all the cars in the lot. I guess I just have to wait for the 19" sports wheels to arrive. Vinless here.

We’ll know well before they arrive in Toronto — just watch the spreadsheet for 19” VIN assignments. We’re probably looking at about 2 weeks minimum at this point if we start seeing sport wheel VINs right away. But who knows, we may have another week or more of nonstop 18” cars.

I have a similar configuration/VIN assignment date I called them and they said it'll follow the 4-8 weeks. So even though there's a VIN, Tesla said I'm still waiting 4-8 weeks.

Like zoosean said, we are likely getting the car earlier.

I got an email from my DS Friday night after I emailed her one week ago. She told me the car was on the way to Toronto and she also confirmed my registration details and sent me the trade in paper work

I agree. At least I'm hoping for it sooner. I can't wait to stop going to the gas station ;)
Try living in BC with our gas prices.... :(
When I get my Model 3, I estimate I will put on at least 30,000km/year.
I will save well over $5,000/year on gas ($100/week gas, quarterly oil changes, etc etc.),
For comparison, I drive an 2017 Audi that takes premium gas.
I'm essentially swapping an Audi payment for a Tesla payment... but no longer adding $5,000/year in gas.
I will get a HPWC, but will use every free charger available to keep charging costs down.
I will enjoy driving what is essentially a sports car, without fear of gas costs or range!

Try living in BC with our gas prices.... :(
When I get my Model 3, I estimate I will put on at least 30,000km/year.
I will save well over $5,000/year on gas ($100/week gas, quarterly oil changes, etc etc.),
For comparison, I drive an 2017 Audi that takes premium gas.
I'm essentially swapping an Audi payment for a Tesla payment... but no longer adding $5,000/year in gas.
I will get a HPWC, but will use every free charger available to keep charging costs down.
I will enjoy driving what is essentially a sports car, without fear of gas costs or range!

Here in Markham, I can enjoy 0.02 per kWh electricity between 12am and 7am.:)

Reactions: papapodcasts
Really ? I pay 6.5 cents(off peak) in Markham as well. I think most of us also do not account for delivery charges which accounts for 7.6 cents per kWh. I would say with HST the true cost is closer to 15 cents per kWh

If you are in Markham, you must miss the advanced time based charging trial registration. It is closed now. With the trial, the electricity itself will be 0.02 between 12am and 7am. But peak hour we pay more.

• Informative
Reactions: kjkurien