Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Colorado deliveries post factory reopen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, we were just at the Littleton service center about 2 hours ago, and didn’t see any Red model Y’s on the lot. It may have been in one of the garages. We were told today, that ours was coming in tonight, and was currently on a truck in Wyoming, so wondering if yours is on the same truck. Hoping it’s there, and was just hidden in one of the garages!

It looks like it is there, but not detailed yet. I have to assume this is my MY. A bit dirty and not detailed yet. Gaps look good from here, but tough to tell.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 76
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 72
Did they send those pictures to you?
Yes. The first time I asked, they said "No, its against policy". The second time I asked, I explained why I wanted them (after being bumped so many times) and the different delivery agent I spoke with empathized with me and agreed that given how many times I was canceled that she want to make sure it was on the lot too. I also asked for the VIN number to be included and didnt get that pic. So the skeptic in me says it's not my car they took pics of, but the realist in me says it is. :)

Panel gaps look good on that car. Especially the trunk lid/bumper gap. Seen some pretty gnarly alignment on these forums.
Yeah, I am pretty please right now. I think everything looks good. I wish they had used a higher resolution so I could zoom in even closer, but I think all in all, it is in pretty good shape. Tomorrow will be the deciding factor though.

The only thing I see, and I think/hope it might be protective film stuck in a gap is on the left rear quarter panel where the bumper attaches to the body (near the left rear tire) is something white there. I am hoping it is film stuck and will be cleaned but could be a paint issue.

Congratulation, finally. I saw one red last Friday-looked amazing. The only thing is the 19" wheel does not go well with the size of the car-20" is the perfect-my opinion.
Yeah, I didnt want to spend the extra cash to do it. I wish I knew I would be getting an extra $2k in what my wife thought I was going to spend on it. I might have done that at the time of order, knowing what I know now. Oh well.

Well , she was worth the wait. All I can say is WOW!!!

Picked her up around 3:30pm today. Spent 15 minutes or so doing paperwork and then about another 30-45 minutes going over the car with a fine tooth comb. I only found three issues upon immediate inspection.
1. Rear Seat alignment - Reported
2. Coat hooks not working consistently. - Reported
3. Hatchback wouldn't close consistently - Report and fixed on the spot. The adjustment they made was on the latch on the bumper, not the struts or pads.

Her fit and finish was PERFECT! No gaps, no panel issues, paint was pristine. Interior was spotless. Everything worked like I would think a $62k car should. I went through a 79 step checklist and only found those three issues. It also sounds like the heat p[ump cover is in place, but hard to tell right now. Once I get homelink installed, I'll ask the mobile tech to verify for me.

I have discovered a new potential problem though, but am waiting to see if it fixes itself. I know that Autopilot/FSD takes several miles to calibrate, and I waited until the steering wheel icon filled in and the message that said that the feature would be restored on the next drive. I immediately pulled over and put it in park. Got out, let it lock, and even rebooted, and it said the same message. I had no autopilot/FSD/Cruise for my drive home. Drove another 15 miles and tried again. Same result. So I then gave up and decided that maybe the pending update would force it to work. Tried one more time about 35 miles later, and low and behold it worked....for about two minutes. It then flashed red, screamed at me to take over and stopped working and gave the same notification. I got off the interstate and stopped at a stop light. Put it in park while the light was red, waited until it was time to go, dropped it in drive and it was available again. Again, after about two minutes it turned off, yelled, and was disabled again until I got home. During dinner I installed the update and tried again. Same behavior. Hmmmmm.......

So I think I am going to drive to/from work tomorrow and see what it does and if hasnt fixed itself by the time I get home, I will log a service call for it. My son has a M3 and he said his calibrated right away and worked with no problems after he stopped and started again.

Other than that, the car is perfect. I love it, and again well worth the wait.
Here are a few pics from delivery.

Attachments

• 20200715_152528.jpg
    20200715_152528.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200715_151534.jpg
    20200715_151534.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200715_151538.jpg
    20200715_151538.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200715_151544.jpg
    20200715_151544.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200715_151555.jpg
    20200715_151555.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20200715_151607.jpg
    20200715_151607.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200715_151613.jpg
    20200715_151613.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200715_151617.jpg
    20200715_151617.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200715_151628.jpg
    20200715_151628.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200715_151641.jpg
    20200715_151641.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 73
Looks nice. Glad they finally got it to you.

Mine was outside of Reno this morning. Expect that it will overnight in SLC before moving on to Denver. Hopefully it doesn't end up sitting in SLC for more than the 10 hour driver rest period. If all goes well I might fly to Denver on Saturday instead of waiting to see how long a truck delivery takes. Already ben a month since it came off the line.

Reactions: SEndicott
Mobile Service called me back. Sounds like I may have a dead/dying/or broken radar in the front bumper. That is why AP and safety features are not working. They are still researching it, but it sounds like I may have to take my less than 24 hour car back to SC to have it replaced. I am hoping they bump me up in the queue since the car is pretty much useless as the problem is affecting the radar, cameras, blind spot, emergency braking, cruise control, auto pilot, and my very expensive $8k FSD package. :-(

Question for those of you that have picked up your Colorado Model Y. Do they take the current $4,000 Colorado EV Credit off the price of the car, order agreement, or do you have to file paperwork to get that back from the state directly at a later date?
Its my understanding that you have to file or work with the bank you finance with and they might be able to give you the discount as part of your loan and they file for the rebate.