Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any current recommendations for renting a Tesla starting in Copenhagen heading up to Norway and Sweden?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Answering my own question for those seeking this in future.

Safe bet is using Hertz (or same via Booking.com, where you can filter car rentals on "Electric") for at least Iceland and Denmark, and I assume other Scandinavian countries:

1689604946468.png

I am doing a similar road trip, next week and already reserved a Model 3, but would like to change it to a Model Y. Hertz does not seems to have these, and others all advertised it with the "or similar" in the tag line, which has me worried.
Did you end up getting your Model 3 at the airport, as planned and did you notice if any Model Y were available there too ?
thx

Forgot this : did you have any problems going to Norway and Sweden, with Hertz terms and conditions?
I will be doing Copenhagen - Kolding (dropping the son here for University) - Kristiansand via Ferry, Oslo, Gothenburg, Malmo, Copenhagen
Any advise is welcomed. Thx

When we arrived in Reykjavik airport, there were 8 (eight!) gleaming white Model Y's ready for renters. I own a 3 so it was fun to have the space and much easier trunk.

In Copenhagen, our grey Model 3 was on its own. I was also afraid of getting a different EV (I own a 3 in Canada), and unsure of the non-Supercharger charging, but I didn't have to worry. They charge you afterwards for any automatic supercharging. I think they now support using your phone as the key, like I do are home, but last fall I had to remember use the fob to lock the car when leaving!

All in all, the Tesla's were great, as they have been road-tripping in NA!

1000002138.jpg

1000001586.jpg
1000001773.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: agileone
Forgot this : did you have any problems going to Norway and Sweden, with Hertz terms and conditions?
I will be doing Copenhagen - Kolding (dropping the son here for University) - Kristiansand via Ferry, Oslo, Gothenburg, Malmo, Copenhagen
Any advise is welcomed. Thx
From Copenhagen at least, you're free to travel anywhere in Scandinavia without Hertz restriction, so it was no problem. I believe I may have had to indicate this upon pickup as it's a special fee, I can't remember for sure. Just tell them at the airport it's what you intend to do.

Reactions: agileone