TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Any double strollers that fit in Model X frunk?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by commasign, Jul 9, 2017.

1. commasign

commasign Active Member

We have another child on the way so we're looking for a good double stroller that will fit in the Model X frunk. Any suggestions?

2. DrivingRockies

3. commasign

commasign Active Member

You mean frunk or trunk? Really looking for a frunk double stroller solution, though I'm not optimistic such a thing exists.

4. hmmm

hmmm Member

I'm not current my my strollers any more, but that seems like a challenge. Can't you put all your diapers in the frunk and free up some space for the stroller in the back? Or add a trailer maybe? o_O

5. commasign

commasign Active Member

Currently we have a single stroller in the frunk which allows us to use the entire trunk for Costco runs. Sounds like there aren't any double strollers small enough to fit in the frunk so that sort of settles it. We just have to buy less at Costco. Or bring the Honda Odyssey.

6. DrivingRockies

Ah, yes, trunk. I think frunk is probably not possible :-/.

7. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Babyzen Yoyo with Ridealong board for the second child. Not a full double stroller, but works for us.

• Like x 1
  8. alcibiades

alcibiades Member

Or just leave your least favorite kid in the car!

Maclaren makes some skinny strollers, but I don't think they are newborn compatible. It's been a while since I've been in that world. Like @Halcyon I made use of a ride along board, but my kids were all like 3 years apart -- so that was an option. Don't know if your older one will be big enough for that.

Don't those costco carts fit two kids across?

• Like x 1
  9. TJtv

TJtv Member

Since you have a newborn on the way, I assume you're looking for a double stroller that has the ability to have an infant car seat that snaps into it? If so, there are NO double strollers of that type that will fit in the FRUNK. I'm in a similar situation to you and looked very long and hard, but was never able to find one. The FRUNK really isn't that large. There are many many double strollers that will fit in the TRUNK due to its huge depth when the storage shelf is removed.

10. commasign

commasign Active Member

I just ordered the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite. The Citron yellow version is on sale at Amazon for $169. It's apparently the smallest tandem on the market, but listed dimensions make it just a few inches too big for the frunk. Will report back once I get it.

11. ImpetuousRacer

Does it fit in the frunk?

12. commasign

commasign Active Member

Unfortunately not. A few inches too tall and a few inches too wide. Fits fine in the trunk though.

13. ImpetuousRacer

Can you remove any accessories to get it to fit (food tray, umbrella, etc) or just the frame itself does not allow it?

14. commasign

commasign Active Member

Yes, still doesn't fit even with all the accessories detached. Frame is too big.

• Like x 1
  15. eternal

eternal Member

DC6305DB-7380-465A-94B4-A4B9C5CD1F66.jpeg

Found a double stroller that actually fits in the Frunk!!

Was skeptical that one existed but after taking the in-store model out to the car to test, I was pleasantly surprised. Now I can keep my 3rd row up and still have all the trunk space behind it for other things!

It’s not the most high tech and the storage underneath would have been nicer if it was just one big area rather than 2 separate ones but the pro’s of fitting into the Frunk outweighed any negatives

ZOBO 2x SIDE BY SIDE STROLLER

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. SoCalLawyer

SoCalLawyer Member

Great job!!

17. commasign

commasign Active Member

You win the award for most informative post of the year (at least among those of us with more than one small child). ;)

• Like x 1
  18. commasign

commasign Active Member

Confirmed. It fits with room to spare. The front wheel looks like it’ll block the hood but there’s a bit of give and the hood has a cut out right at that spot. Have to detach the cup holder, but otherwise perfect.

EB081836-1F49-4609-904C-D765E2D02A43.jpeg

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  19. eternal

eternal Member

Thanks for the picture! I was thinking of getting around to it.

As a tip, the other side of the stroller has a handle which is nice to be able to grab it and pull from the frunk/trunk easily

• Like x 1
  20. SoCalLawyer

SoCalLawyer Member

Is there an infant stroller that fits in the frunk? Looking for one that can carry an infant car seat.