Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any experience with this spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I bought this one: Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler Carbon Fiber Tail Lip Wing Kit Fit for Tesla Model S 2014

Only arrived today and I don't pick up my MS for another couple of weeks so can't tell you too much about fit. I was impressed with the quality and was better than I expected to be honest. Wasn't sure how great these aftermarket knock offs would be, but actually was impressed. Even the shipping block of foam it came in was excellent, was wondering how it would arrive. I can post some photos if you like, but all seems good.

I am in the market for one of these but there are so many from the States and China (I'm in the UK). Reading around it seems that some are glossy (old spoiler and preferred but that's subjective) and matte (the current spoiler). I have then read that some are solid and some are hollow. The hollow ones are allegedly dangerous and can come off (said a Tesla dealer!). Some come with 3M tape attached and some have no adhesive at all.

Whats yours like and how easy was it to fit (did you do it yourself?)n and has it since come off!!

I've decided I want a pop-up style wing, like what Hot Wheels put on their Model S model.
And I want it to pop up when I'm excited to be driving, regardless of the speed. Which means I'd pretty much have a fixed wing.
IMG_20160718_114155.jpg

Thank you! Those were in my shopping cart already. Now debating whether I want matte or glossy for my white car.

Nope, but I just ordered the $200 one for my wife's new 90D - will let you know.
Try to bribe the SC to help you put it on. They have a template. Otherwise, you'll drive yourself crazy for two hours trying to get it to line up right. And don't worry about he small gap on the ends, that's actually how the factory one's mount. This knock-off is so good, they copied the flaws too.