Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any great new tire choices to replace OEM 20”?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a set of the CC2 installed on 20" wheels a few weeks ago. So far so good!

Switched from a set of 22" wheels with Pirelli Scorpion tires. I feel like the road noise is similar, nothing to complain about.
Downsizing wheels has added 9% range which is a pleasant bonus.
Thanks. Nice confirmation about your 9% range. Not sure if it still does but the Tesla ordering/build site use to state explicitly that it could cost 10% going to 22" wheels so that tracks.

Last edited:
I just put 6700 miles on a new set of these and am very happy with their performance. I was driving 75-80 mph in speed zones of 70 & 80 mph.

Michelin CrossClimate2 Grand Touring All-SeasonTireRack equivFront265/45ZR20 108Y XLUTQG: 640 B A
Michelin CrossClimate2 Grand Touring All-SeasonTireRack equivRear275/45ZR20 110Y XLUTQG: 640 B A

k3QWHGs.jpg
UAhRS3V.jpg

UIyPyIT.jpg

I just put 6700 miles on a new set of these and am very happy with their performance. I was driving 75-80 mph in speed zones of 70 & 80 mph.

Michelin CrossClimate2 Grand Touring All-SeasonTireRack equivFront265/45ZR20 108Y XLUTQG: 640 B A
Michelin CrossClimate2 Grand Touring All-SeasonTireRack equivRear275/45ZR20 110Y XLUTQG: 640 B A

k3QWHGs.jpg
UAhRS3V.jpg

UIyPyIT.jpg
Has anyone figured out the differences between the cross climate versions. I put the CC SUV on. I know there is a regular CC2 now the CC2 GTAS????? I like mine so so far just city driving

Has anyone figured out the differences between the cross climate versions. I put the CC SUV on. I know there is a regular CC2 now the CC2 GTAS????? I like mine so so far just city driving
Maybe contact Michelin and then update the thread. TIA
Contact page info: Contact Michelin Tires Expert USA | Michelin Tires

Based on the tire characteristics, their site didn't show the GTAS as an option unless I missed something:

Maybe contact Michelin and then update the thread. TIA
Contact page info: Contact Michelin Tires Expert USA | Michelin Tires

Based on the tire characteristics, their site didn't show the GTAS as an option unless I missed something:
Looking closer the GTAS is the tire category from tire rack and not a different tire. They were the CC2s.

Question still stands what’s the difference between the CC SUV and the CC2? I do know the CCSUV is a 40 k warranty and 20k for different front and rear sizes. While the CC2 is 60k/30k

That half mileage for non square setups I was unaware of when I purchased. But I don’t think it would have changed my mind.

I have the CC2 on my van and CC SUV on the MX and the tread patterns look the same. Either way I think both are decent tires.

And clicking your link the the CC SUV does not appear was it discontinued? Rebranded as CC2??

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Looking closer the GTAS is the tire category from tire rack and not a different tire. They were the CC2s.

Question still stands what’s the difference between the CC SUV and the CC2? I do know the CCSUV is a 40 k warranty and 20k for different front and rear sizes. While the CC2 is 60k/30k

That half mileage for non square setups I was unaware of when I purchased. But I don’t think it would have changed my mind.

I have the CC2 on my van and CC SUV on the MX and the tread patterns look the same. Either way I think both are decent tires.

And clicking your link the the CC SUV does not appear was it discontinued? Rebranded as CC2??
Related video to check out:
Michelin CrossClimate2 vs Michelin CrossClimate(+)

Reactions: EbS-P