Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any guesses on DRL tech on the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't quite tell from the photos I've seen of the model 3 if Tesla is using some of that same "halo" look for the daytime running lights on the Model 3 as they do with the X and the refreshed S.

I'm a big fan of the pure white look the daytime running lights have on the S and X, so I'm hoping tesla will use some of that tech in the Model 3.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or more general headlight tech for the 3?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: sunrocket
I can't quite tell from the photos I've seen of the model 3 if Tesla is using some of that same "halo" look for the daytime running lights on the Model 3 as they do with the X and the refreshed S.

I'm a big fan of the pure white look the daytime running lights have on the S and X, so I'm hoping tesla will use some of that tech in the Model 3.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or more general headlight tech for the 3?
i'm liking the running lights you have in the image photo. Hope they have more tech in the m3 to match the audi 4. watch em' sweat :)

Reactions: Railhawk52
For efficiency and ease of maintenance I say LED standard with adaptive LED headlights being a premium package (although it's a great safety feature so I'd wish that were standard if price allowed it).

If they want people running into the service center all the time because they need to change their headlight that seems like a waste of resources when there are so few service centers (assuming a certain percentage of owners cannot figure out how to change their own headlights). Making LEDs standard solves that issue.