Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any hotels in the White Mountains offer charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been posted:
Moose River Campground in Saint Johnsbury Vermont and Northeast Kingdom Vermont

"New at Moose River Campground -
Charging stations for electric cars! Are you concerned about the environment? So are we! If you are an owner of an electric vehicle there is no need to worry about where you are going to charge up. We now have two (2) electric car charging stations at a rate of $10.00 for 4 hours of juice. Feel free to reach out and ask us any questions you may have about the stations."

Apologies if this has been posted:
Moose River Campground in Saint Johnsbury Vermont and Northeast Kingdom Vermont

"New at Moose River Campground -
Charging stations for electric cars! Are you concerned about the environment? So are we! If you are an owner of an electric vehicle there is no need to worry about where you are going to charge up. We now have two (2) electric car charging stations at a rate of $10.00 for 4 hours of juice. Feel free to reach out and ask us any questions you may have about the stations."

Wow that's a good deal! I don't know how campgrounds have time to sell things for only $10.
I wish they would talk to some of the other campgrounds in northern New England.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the picture, I hope that's not one of their EV charging stations! If so, it's pretty wimpy.

Now I am in a bind! I promised my wife I would take her to see a moose this summer. My plan was to visit the kids at camp in Piermont NH, drive to Sunday River Resort in Maine stay 2 nights search for moose in Grafton Notch State Park and then head to Marthas Vineyard for the rest of the week. Turns out Sunday River only has a 110v outlet, obviously not sufficient. I have searched all over and can't seem to find a location where we can view moose and then be only a days drive to the MV Ferry. Any suggestions? The Top Notch Inn mentioned a few posts earlier would be perfect if they had a level 2 but at this point they do not.

I looked at Mt Abrams, the issue there is that t he closest place to stay overnight is 12 miles away! Kind of a long hike and I don't suppose I could hail a cab. Yes once the Superchargers are built out a little more this would be easy.

The Mt Abrams chargers are an easy drive from Grafton Notch, but there's nothing to do there in the summer except enjoy the pleasant scenery. If the Portland-area Supercharger were in place, you'd be all set...

Now I am in a bind! I promised my wife I would take her to see a moose this summer. My plan was to visit the kids at camp in Piermont NH, drive to Sunday River Resort in Maine stay 2 nights search for moose in Grafton Notch State Park and then head to Marthas Vineyard for the rest of the week. Turns out Sunday River only has a 110v outlet, obviously not sufficient. I have searched all over and can't seem to find a location where we can view moose and then be only a days drive to the MV Ferry. Any suggestions? The Top Notch Inn mentioned a few posts earlier would be perfect if they had a level 2 but at this point they do not.

I don't know if it helps any but I'm not far from Piermont NH and you wouldn't be the first Model S to stop here for 70A on their way home after dropping off one of their kids at camp. From here it's about 160 mi to Tesla Natick or maybe you could just go straight to the Vineyard?

I don't know if it helps any but I'm not far from Piermont NH and you wouldn't be the first Model S to stop here for 70A on their way home after dropping off one of their kids at camp. From here it's about 160 mi to Tesla Natick or maybe you could just go straight to the Vineyard?

Thanks. Actually camp has been great! They installed a 14-50 just for me! The problem I am having is if I spend 2 nights in NH or ME to hike and fulfill my promise to my wife, then I would need a charge to head south to the ferry. Would prefer to overnight charge obviously.

I have a solution for booth moose and charging. I took our four girls ages 4-15 on an overnight trip to Gorham, NH Thursday. Stayed at the Mt. Madison Inn (Mt Madison Inn and Suites - Hotel in Gorham, North Conway, Glen, Berlin New Hampshire - White Mountains), the number 1 rated place to stay on TripAdvisor, and charged at the Nissan dealer, Berlin City Nissan, 1.2 miles north of the motel. During dinner at a pretty good pizza place (Mountain Fire Pizza - Gorham, NH) I got one of their staff (Brandon) to run me to Nissan and back twice (gave him $15 bucks but $10 would have been ample) to get an hour or so of charging in on their J1772. Afterwards we drove north about 20 miles on Rt. 16 towards Errol at the motel desk clerk's suggestion, and saw two female and one male moose. The S was perfect because we could silently follow them as they moved and eventually walked away. Also had a chance to test the Model S's powerful brakes which saved a large skunk's life. After dropping the kids at the motel I walked from Nissan and back to charge overnight at about 14 miles per hour.

IMG_4261.JPG

In case Nissan didn't work (I had called ahead well in advance and was assured it was no problem as they had little demand for electric cars in the area, but when I called again on the day I got someone who wasn't aware of a charger at all) the desk clerk showed me a former laundry room that had 240v (30A?) but didn't match my adapters and would have been a stretch to the parking lot (I should have checked the distance with the cable - sorry). I suggested they put in an RV plug outside, and left them a Model S brochure with my contact info. Apologies for the bad iPhone flash photo.

IMG_4266.jpg

So I don't have a hotel with charging, but can assure you Berlin City Nissan (which is not on Plugshare but is on Recargo) works. Thanks, guys - there's little else around.

Last edited: