Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any insight ? Headliner install now things don’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
N

NCDAG's M3P

Hey everyone, hopefully someone will have some insight into this as I have none. I just had my Alcantara headliner installed yesterday, and my rear speakers and subwoofer do not work. My mic doesn’t work and my dash cam doesn’t work. The company that installed it is trying to insinuate that my car was like that already which it wasn’t. I already scheduled a service at Tesla so hopefully they can figure this out but as everyone here knows, service appointments are always in the far future not the near future. Is there anything that I can check before my service appointment that may fix this issue? Any insight would be greatly appreciate.

My only suggestion is that if Tesla finds something could be related to the headliner installation that you get Tesla to do a good write up explaining exactly what they found so that you can take back good info to your other installers.
Will do , thank you.

People rarely disconnect the batteries when servicing an EV and as a result the car remains awake and alert during the surgery, sometimes detecting wiring faults and permanently disabling circuits to protect against further damage. A reboot usually only fixes glitches, not intentional fault flags, but a firmware redeploy will. Should take about 30 minutes to do in service mode.

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
People rarely disconnect the batteries when servicing an EV and as a result the car remains awake and alert during the surgery, sometimes detecting wiring faults and permanently disabling circuits to protect against further damage. A reboot usually only fixes glitches, not intentional fault flags, but a firmware redeploy will. Should take about 30 minutes to do in service mode.

Thank you , I will try that !!

Thank you , I will try that !!
My car is ready at Tesla- I’m not very proficient with the inner workings of electronics but this is what the invoice says. Do you think the alcantara install caused this? I have to pick up my car tomorrow so I’ll ask of course. So crazy all this had to be replaced
IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

Wow, goodwilled! You got lucky! They say they found shorts in two harnesses which is pretty incredible but it's certainly possible that some of these wires were out of place and got munched when the headliner was forced back into position.
Thanks, yeah I can’t complain with Tesla that’s for sure. That would make sense !!