Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I park my car outside too in the sun but notice only a 0.75 km drain an hour and sometimes it goes to sleep. I use teslafi to monitor the car activity and it seems that once the car reaches an internal temperature of 45 it turns the fans on preventing the car to sleep

I am not picky on any cosmetic issues.Here is my functional issues so far:

1. Air conditioning stop working right after my delivery. But it comes back automatically, and it seems fine since. Took it to Lawrence, and technician said nothing wrong.

2. Backup camera give me a black screen sometimes. Reset the display fixed issue. Did not happen since resret.

3. Vampire battery degrades, yesterday I parked my car under the sun outside is about 27 C. It loses about 4km per hour. Moved the car inside, and then received 21.9 Upgrade. It now loses 2km over night. Looks okay it keeps that rate. Not sure if it is hot outside or new software fixed problem.

Except those, the car is fun to drive and the best car I ever have. (I had BMW 3, BMW X1 plug-in hybrid, Nissan Leaf , Lexus RX Subaru Forester, etc).

I have an issue with my model 3's paint finish. Photos below. I took a photo on delivery and noticed it when I got back home when I was washing my car. What do you guys propose I do to fix this blemish? Request service from Tesla or do it myself with your guys knowledge? If I request service from Tesla I would have to drive 2 hours to my nearest Tesla Service Centre which is in Montreal and I am in Ottawa...

Attachments

• 20180606_110230.jpg
    20180606_110230.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20180610_094141.jpg
    20180610_094141.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 74
I do not get the tire pressure displayed on the screen. There is no tire pressure data shown on the four corners of the car icon. Is it a setting issue.? Anybody can help.
Thanks!

Controls > Display > Settings > Tire Pressure - this sets what you want to see in the Tire Pressure display in the Cards area. Swipe left on the Cards area until you see what you're looking for.

Attachments

• Cards.png
    Cards.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 62
I have three issues:

1. Hood sag (I'll try to adjust it myself to see if I can fix it)
2. My steering wheel isn't centered (rotated clockwise by a couple degrees and drives me crazy)
3. My driver's door isn't aligned properly with the rear door at the bottom. It almost looks like the bottom of the door is bent in, so I wonder if this happened during shipping or at the delivery centre. Tesla will have to look at this one.

I'm still on the fence with the user interface on the centre display. The model S experience was much better. I assume this is a work in progress though and will improve over time.

Other than that the car is great. It is so good to be back in a Tesla after a two year ICE break :)

The day after I took delivery a friend noticed a pretty significant scratch on the bottom of my rear bumper. It's about 5 inches long and rather deep. Can't seem to get the SC on the phone easily so tried emailing them. Optimistic they can fix it up...

I also have a slightly crooked wheel. The alignment of the car driving seems ok, but If i hold the wheel straight, it would steer me into the curb. I haven't brought this up with Tesla yet.
I also thought I had this problem, but I notice its when the road is tilted.

For example, usually normal one lane roads/highways are tilted slightly to the right (they tilt very slightly from the centre to the shoulder), so the steering wheel tended to lean that way, however, I noticed when I was on a larger 3 lane road and was in the left lane where the road was tilted left, it would steer left