Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model 3 RHD Test Drives Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Birmingham have a performance and an SR+ for test drives as well as a LHD display model. Went for a drive in the SR+ today (because that's what I've ordered)...its awesome, as expected. Think they are prioritising people with orders for the 1st test drives.

Reactions: Roy W.
I was in Manchester South today and they now have two RHD models for test drives.

One is a black SR+ with black interior, the other a midnight silver P+ with white interior.

Other info they said was they have delivered 15 so far as a capacity test: they were all done in one day. None of those were P-.

They expect more by the end of the month for delivery in August.

Great.
As you placed an order I assume you was impressed :)
Maybe not as long of a wait as you’re expecting. Once they’ve delivered the initial 5000 or so cars, there will be little or no wait. I’d hope you’ll get yours during September at the latest. (Fingers crossed for you ;))

Yes, I was really impressed by how smooth and easy it was to drive although that could have been something to do with the many (hours) of videos that I had watched. I just wish that the test route included a bit of the M5 so I could get a handle on road noise at speed.

I even managed to get the wife to have a go and she has refused to drive my BMW for the past 4 years because it is an automatic. She was impressed and has been talking to her friends about "our" Tesla. I may have made a mistake here! Her only criticism was the boot. She drives an X-trail so I may have to get her a Model Y when they start UK deliveries.

I had my RHD M3 test drive at Stockport today, in a P+ with a white interior. Very pleased, it was all that I expected. I even took my TeslaCam usb stick and plugged that in to test it, and record a bit of the drive for posterity. I must say I’m amazed with the video quality on the dash cam.

While I was there I also picked up a Tesla Wall Connector, to replace my Rolec. The long cable (the charger is at the front of my garage) and the button on the wand were the clinchers for me.

A few other snippets of info I picked up at Stockport earlier in the week:

They’ve delivered nine Model 3s so far, a mixture of models/colours. They are expecting more cars early August.

They have two RHD test drive cars, a blue SR+ and a grey P+.

They still have the LHD in the showroom.

The cars they delivered didn’t come with Type 2 cables, just the UMC. One guy told me Type 2 was no longer being supplied with M3, another said that they were simply out of stock when the cars came in, and they would follow on. It seems the cables don’t come in with the cars, they are supplied by the SC.