Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any nightmares buying preowned from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought and received my 18 M3P- on 2/2/21. I wasnt picky on stealth vs full P trim or inside outside colors(just not black exterior). I found 1 in tampa FL liked. I called their Showroom number and asked for pictures. They sent them to me about 4hrs later and showed everything pretty well.

I continued to stalk teslas used listings and 1 showed up at my local Nashville TN location. I searched the lot on the way to work and found it. The car was in very good condition except 1 gash in the front bumper that wasnt too bad, but the rims were in awful condition

I called my SA around 9am and told him im interested in it but theyd have to fix the rims. They had a mobile rim repair truck fixing the rims at 11am. I out the deposit down then, the full amount later that night, then picked it up the next day at 3pm.

We noticed over the next couple of days that the driver door popped on opening/closing, the right front suspension creaked over every bump, the FSD HW was out of date at 2.5(FSD included on this 1), and the wipers were worthless. I have a service appointment on 3/2 to fix all that at no charge. It was going to be 2/16 but i couldnt get the car there with all the ice here and out of town starting today.

Once those issues are fixed (suspension should have been caught atleast in their inspections), ill be very happy with the car

Hi guys, sorry I went MIA on y'all. I didn't take delivery of the car on Thursday. There were some cosmetic issues that needed to be addressed and I was waiting to hear back from Tesla before posting an update. They are going to take care of everything, no problem.

They asked that I please wait and take delivery after the work has been completed, which I don't mind doing. Their estimate is 10 days. So I'll just have to be patient for a little while longer :)

Reactions: Bigriver
UPDATE! I got my car Friday!!!! :D

I must say, I was impressed with how Tesla handled everything. The fixed all the issues to perfection. The tires and brakes (I was worried) were significantly above their minimums (I brought measuring tools), and the car was in immaculate shape at delivery. I couldn't be happier!

My biggest two issues were:

1. the mobile charger was defective and i didn't know about it until i got home, so they wouldn't replace it.
2. tires - they gave me tires that were mostly bald on the outside corners and only had good tread in the direct center of the tire. Since they measure from the center, they deemed this "legally" a good tire. I had to fight them pretty hard on that
Doesn't matter at this point, of course, but for future reference outside shoulder wear is mostly caused by aggressive driving, inside shoulder wear is alignment. It can tell you a bit about the history of the car.