Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other 2019 MY reservation holders still waiting for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9A379AC8-6F71-493A-84AD-54FB9689D1E8.jpeg
I’m just going to leave this here

RWD reservation holder from 2019, waiting in limbo for what Tesla plans to do. I had to turn in my Kia Soul EV in December but thankfully due to Covid-19 I haven't needed a car.

The longer I wait and the more I read about quality issues the less excited I am about the vehicle. At this point I'm starting to evaluate whether I should just postpone buying anything until 2021.

I really think having a trade-in puts you at the bottom of the list. I reserved on day one and was going to trade in my Model 3. Everyone else was getting emails and texts and I was getting nothing. A month ago, I called Tesla and asked if there was a problem with my order and I was told 8-12 weeks.

I cancelled that order and got my $2500 almost immediately. I then reordered the same config, but without the trade. Immediately the order started progressing and I started getting texts about delivery. They'll be dropping off the car tomorrow.
Makes sense, especially when they are trying to maximize deliveries at end of quarter. Trade in is a nuisance for them.

Ordered April 2019 (LR AWD, Black/Black, FSD, 19").
Changed config late 2019 from black to red.
Added tow hitch and changed to 20" (from Gemini) early June 2020.

Got the "update profile" text mid May. But due to Covid, I was OK with waiting and asked for the tow hitch and 20" wheels to be added.
Have been waiting for changes to populate in my account (reservation still shows 19" and not tow hitch).

Ordered April 2019 (LR AWD, Black/Black, FSD, 19").
Changed config late 2019 from black to red.
Added tow hitch and changed to 20" (from Gemini) early June 2020.

Got the "update profile" text mid May. But due to Covid, I was OK with waiting and asked for the tow hitch and 20" wheels to be added.
Have been waiting for changes to populate in my account (reservation still shows 19" and not tow hitch).

Thats odd... Mine was immediate. I would reach out to them.

Thats odd... Mine was immediate. I would reach out to them.

I'm in the same boat as many others. I ordered in April 2019. I reach out about once a week and have NEVER received an e-mail response. Every time I use chat, I am told they have no additional information and can't even get a Rep assigned to me. It's been *extremely* frustrating...especially since they have $2500 of my money and apparently no desire to get me a car.

I have dreamed about owning a Tesla for nearly a decade and could not be more disappointed/disheartened by my experience so far.

I'm in the same boat as many others. I ordered in April 2019. I reach out about once a week and have NEVER received an e-mail response. Every time I use chat, I am told they have no additional information and can't even get a Rep assigned to me. It's been *extremely* frustrating...especially since they have $2500 of my money and apparently no desire to get me a car.

I have dreamed about owning a Tesla for nearly a decade and could not be more disappointed/disheartened by my experience so far.

I'm right there with you. First time Tesla owner...getting really pissed watching people get the same configuration I ordered in September after ordering a week ago.

I ordered my White/White AWD Model Y w/ 19" Gemini Rims and FSD on May 11th 2019 with the full $2,500.00 deposit down. I'm in eastern Pennsylvania, my delivery center is Devon PA and I do not have a VIN yet!

I'm hoping now that Q2 is over they will start shipping to the east coast again. It's obvious from a look at the spreadsheet they held back cars for west coast deliveries.

Last edited:
nope... :( at least I’ve still got my VIN, tho.

the last bit of info I was given was “waiting on carrier confirmation.” I’m assuming that’s because I’m a rural, home delivery.

pretty much given up for today. we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Oh man! I'm sorry, that sucks. Hopefully they get it together tomorrow and deliver a quality vehicle