Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other 2019 MY reservation holders still waiting for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine a little over a year ago and I too still don't have my Y. I was told 2 to 4 weeks about 6 weeks ago. The delivery advisor is not giving me any additional info and never acknowledged that they missed the window promised to me. They only respond to questions they want to answer and ignore others. I chatted with Tesla yesterday. Was told that the only time frame they could offer was the same 4 to 8 weeks advertised. I expressed disappointment in the fact that I was being given the same time frame as a new order. They ignored that comment and asked if there was anything else they could help me with.

I hear you Billy. From having owned a 3 before this, I know the struggle. I got my 3 in October of 2018 and I saw people skipping over me getting their cars within weeks of ordering. Meanwhile I was a day 1 reservation holder.

I know it’ll be worth it in the end. But the wait is killer and frustrating.

Mike

That seems to be the case. East Coast buyers are without a doubt getting the short end of the stick here.

Placed an order yesterday for the same car in addition to original order of 1.31.20. I want to test out the theory that their "matching system" is broken.

Mike

Mike,

I did the same thing. No VIN for either but I'm curious which one will get a VIN first.

Just picked up my W/W/20", no FSD. Perfect car, very happy! The passenger from door was slightly misaligned when we arrived and they adjusted that along with fixing the trunk not closing properly. Paint job was perfect, no dust, blemishes, bad spots and the panels seems to flow into each other. Was very concerned/hesitant when reading of all the other issues earlier, but happy it turned out very good.

Reactions: endizguyz
I will shorten my shaggy dog story. Ordered and configured a Model Y PUP, Blue/white 5 seat 15 months ago.loyal customer. fourth tesla since 2013. received generic “receive in June or delay message in early June. Replied “receive in June”. On June 14th i received a text-“prepare to receive your Model Y in two weeks or less.” I accepted their trade in offer for myModel 3 ( sales tax incentive and easier for me to pick up the new one) i cancelled two other offers. Now there is no car in sight and I’m looking at the end of the 30 day trade-in contract which Tesla says they will not extend.
Form your own opinion. I have mine.

I’m disappointed in this process. I was looking forward to being a part of the Tesla family, but I’m cutting ties in August if I don’t at least get a VIN. I’m tired of being ignored and Tesla having my interest-free $2500 loan with no delivery in sight and a 4-8 week delivery for new orders. This system is broken.

Reactions: TxBound
Order AWD on 3/16/2019. Got a notice from them two weeks ago that I could get the car in June or later. Given all I have read about getting the quality right, I decided I didn’t need the bum’s rush treatment and would wait. Maybe go through winter and get it next spring. They can keep the 2500 another year I guess. Saves me buying snow tires for another season ($3500 I see). So maybe the delay is a good thing. Or maybe they will take even more features off the car since I ordered it (dimming outside mirrors, homelink...what’s next?)

Order AWD on 3/16/2019. Got a notice from them two weeks ago that I could get the car in June or later. Given all I have read about getting the quality right, I decided I didn’t need the bum’s rush treatment and would wait. Maybe go through winter and get it next spring. They can keep the 2500 another year I guess. Saves me buying snow tires for another season ($3500 I see). So maybe the delay is a good thing. Or maybe they will take even more features off the car since I ordered it (dimming outside mirrors, homelink...what’s next?)

Is there a point at which even Tesla will say that it is unacceptable that early reservations holders still don't have assigned vehicles? If not, at what point do you, as an early reservation holder, just throw your hands up and walk away???

I will shorten my shaggy dog story. Ordered and configured a Model Y PUP, Blue/white 5 seat 15 months ago.loyal customer. fourth tesla since 2013. received generic “receive in June or delay message in early June. Replied “receive in June”. On June 14th i received a text-“prepare to receive your Model Y in two weeks or less.” I accepted their trade in offer for myModel 3 ( sales tax incentive and easier for me to pick up the new one) i cancelled two other offers. Now there is no car in sight and I’m looking at the end of the 30 day trade-in contract which Tesla says they will not extend.
Form your own opinion. I have mine.
I have, at Tesla's request, had my trade in evaluated twice. Sent in new pics and everything. Yet, I still have no car assigned to my reservation and they are now nonresponsive. I'm assuming my car was given away to someone else. I won't be surprised when the delivery advisor asks me to do it for a 3rd time.

Is there a point at which even Tesla will say that it is unacceptable that early reservations holders still don't have assigned vehicles? If not, at what point do you, as an early reservation holder, just throw your hands up and walk away???
I might not be early (March 11, 2020) but I am walking away by end of this month when my second trade-in evaluation expires. Not doing third one.

RWD reservation holder from 2019, waiting in limbo for what Tesla plans to do. I had to turn in my Kia Soul EV in December but thankfully due to Covid-19 I haven't needed a car.

The longer I wait and the more I read about quality issues the less excited I am about the vehicle. At this point I'm starting to evaluate whether I should just postpone buying anything until 2021.

I have a Kia Soul EV. Purchased it used last year as a place holder for my MY and intend to trade it in. When I was speaking with a Tesla Rep this week, they didn't know Kia made Soul EVs. There aren't many out here. Hoping I have my Tesla before the Fall. I can't take another Winter with the Kia because of the range. Other than that, it's been a nice experience.

Reactions: mgraff
Someone ordered June 15th and got his MY on June 19th. That’s 4 days start to finish incase you are wondering.

Sounds like my story....My buddy used my referral code to on June 15 (Monday) and picked up his MY on June 20 (Saturday). How does one who offers a referral on an item they don't physically have, still find themselves waiting while the recipient of the referral receives the referenced item o_O?

I'm certain Tesla screwed the reservation holders to make the most profit from the options that have since gone up in price since last year.

I'm patient though. Focusing on ordering my accessories and setting up PPF and ceramic options with the money I'm saving while I wait.

• Funny
Reactions: bchan911
Honestly after looking at the order spreadsheet on here, I feel like east cost deliveries combined with lower volume ordered configurations are part of the issue. The other part being there is no consistency in their car matching system.

I agree. Also ordered white/white FSD 19" wheels. In MD. No VIN yet. I have seen a few more white interior folks listed on the spreadsheet get their VINs. I'm hopeful that this week will turn the tide since the quarter is over.