Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any others with this early issue on the Model 3 headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everyone,

In August 2018, I sold my RWD Model 3 to upgrade to the AWD version. The RWD Model 3 had the phantom touch screen issue, requiring replacement of the screen, and the AWD Model 3 that I just picked up has a headlight issue, as follows:

I picked up the AWD Model 3 (VIN 100,XXX) on Sep 22, 2018, from the Houston North Tesla service center, and there were no issues upon delivery. When I drove home and pulled into the garage, I noticed that the passenger headlight began to flicker on and off for probably 30 seconds, followed by going off and no longer being able to come back on. I tried rebooting and messing around with the settings, etc., with no results. I then called Tesla Tech Support, and there were no issues from their review of the logs. I then received a text from Tesla stating that they will order a new headlight proactively and will call me when it arrives. It's been a week, and I'm still waiting, but I admit, it's hard to be patient, since I haven't driven it since I picked it up, due to this issue (don't want to get pulled over by the cops for broken headlights).

Please see the images below, with the headlights set to "On." Notice that the passenger headlight does not come on.
IMG_7990.jpg
IMG_7991.jpg
IMG_7992.jpg

Not sure how common this issue is, but I am curious if others out there have had this, too.

Do any of you out there also have any guesses about what the headlight issue could be, based on this description of events? Hardware issue, loose connections? I will be sure to update you all when the issue is finally addressed. Thank you.