Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight flashing after update?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put it in reverse to exit my garage and it started flashing. Just the left headlight, not the right. Now it always flashes (in drive, park, reverse...).

I tried to change the lights "On" (they are always on "Auto") but it keeps flashing, if I manually shut off the lights, it stops.
Everything else (blinkers etc.) seems to work ok.

Here's a link to the video I made this morning (let me know if it doesn't work!).

Thank you!

Try rebooting the car and see if that helps.

If not then try reinstalling the software in the service menu.

If it still doesn’t fix it then submit a service request
I tried rebooting the car. Nothing changed.

I already submitted a service request and sent them the video, hopefully they can fix it via software :)

I may try reinstalling the software tonight, when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion!

There have been others that have reported a flashing/blinking DRL in their 3s. Some videos can be found on YouTube. I looked quickly at a couple but there was nothing that I saw in the comments which documented what the fix was. Here's to hoping that a manual reboot software re-install solves the issue.

Reactions: Adam3 and Dr T
It does not look like the Sentry mode, it looks like a random flashing.

About software reinstall: how safe is it to do? I got a bit freaked out about the warnings on the screen :eek:
I can drive my car normally (I just switch the lights off) and I don't want to brick it...
Did any of you have problems with a software reinstall?
Should I just wait for their tech to come, on Tuesday?

I have not accessed Service Mode before (old software version that is geo-fenced) but my understanding is that it's pretty safe to do so. If you already have a service visit scheduled and you're worried about fiddling with the software and you have a workaround for the problem, then if it were me, I'd wait until you get an expert to help.

Reactions: Dr T
I have the same problem. Black gaffer tape until the next update?????
Techs didn't mention anything about the update, so I am not sure if it just causes an issue in some headlights, or if it's totally unrelated.
If you are still covered by warranty I suggest to put in a service request, after they changed the headlight the issue did not reappear (I am still on the same software version: 2023.26.1).

Oh dang, I have this problem too!
2023 Model 3 P w/matrix. However, I've only noticed it so far in the heat of the day (110ºF/46ºC) when I pull into my garage the headlights turn on.

Seems like this is something that would be caught during warm weather testing? If heat really is a factor.

I'll have to check after dark and when it's below 100F.