Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Possible Model Y Update Info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires. 255/45-19 104Y

I took my Y up to Mt Hood today after a snowstorm yesterday. Mostly plowed roads, but you can see from the tracks I had to push through a bit of snow to park. The Quatracs handled great! Not quite as good as a dedicated studless snow tire for sure, but more than adequate for the conditions. I had the opportunity to get into a drift, and she handled fine with no surprises. Braking and acceleration were both much better than I would have expected for all season tires. If you need a tire for year round service I can whole heartedly recommend the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. Quiet and good rolling resistance. Comfortable ride. Excellent handling on both wet and dry roads, and very good in the snow. I will still run winter tires because I have plenty of room to store an extra set of wheels & tires. However, I will run the Quatracs in the summer, and I would also run them year round in the wet Pacific Northwest if I needed a single all season set of tires.View attachment 607555 View attachment 607556 View attachment 607559

Thanks for posting these. These will be my next tires based on your review :). I also noticed that Tesla finally has chain recos for the 19 and 20in. So these tires plus the chains should be a reasonable solution.

Thanks for posting these. These will be my next tires based on your review :). I also noticed that Tesla finally has chain recos for the 19 and 20in. So these tires plus the chains should be a reasonable solution.
No worries! I looked into the chains on the Tesla website and they seem like a great chain. Plus, Tesla's price is actually quite reasonable for that particular chain. The part number isn't available off of Tesla's website; my guess is that they've probably adjusted the chain to be an exact fit for the Model Y tire size. Anyways, I ordered a set from Tesla to have for really serious snow. I also got the Alpha Trax chains for less serious snow, but still bad snow LOL. (I did a lot of four wheeling in the snow years back and I found being prepared is always a good idea.) Anyways the Alpha Trax are approved for use in both Oregon and Washington, but not in Colorado. I don't know about other states. They seem like a good chain to use on icy roads, more like strap on studs than chains. Alpha Trax® - New - Laclede Chain. I had to order them from Les Schwab as no one else seems to carry them.

• Helpful
Reactions: sleepies
Just saw this story on Electrek about a Model Y with a 72k vin coming with all these updates. Anyone have a lower VIN that also came with them?

I've seen the glass on a few in low 60s but hadn't seen the USB drive or the scroll wheels.

To be precise, it doesn't come with all of the updates. It does have USB in the glovebox, includes a 64GB flash stick, and the metallic finished scroll wheels. Along with the previously noted updates, such as auto-dimming side mirrors.

It does not have the updated console and associated USB updates.

No recent buyer has checked for a single piece rear casting. Doing that is simply lifting the rear seat bottom to check for a centered joining bracket and stamped steel mounting tabs vs cast aluminum where the seat frame bolts down. I've seen the older two piece casting on early 2021 VINs person, and it's easy to tell once you know to look for that center bracket.

I also expect a modified trim panel that is more easily removed on tow equipped vehicles.