Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any regrets about 22 wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Range is important to me, so I went with 20" wheels. However, I felt that powder-coating them a dark color (I went with a dark grey to match my Midnight Silver paint, but black would work too), it would make them look bigger (optical illusion), more like the 22" rims. So, I feel like I have the best of both worlds. :)

How about the range?
Thanks for replying.

Hard to compare the range since I don't drive 20" wheels regularly so don't have any seat feel as to how different it would be. It's also important to note that I live on Oahu, Hawaii where I will likely never come near exhausting my battery even if I circle the island a few times. In the 2.5 months I've had the X, I have yet to see the rated miles drop below 100, lol. I got the 90 primarily for better get up and go as well as faster delivery. :)

I've replaced my 20" factory rims with 20" TST flat black rims. If anyone is interested in a full set of factory 20" MX rims (no tires or TPMS), I'm in central Illinois. I prefer cash & carry, as the boxes that the new rims came in aren't in the best of shape for shipping the old ones.
If I can't sell them, I may just get them powder coated and put winter tires on them.

I've replaced my 20" factory rims with 20" TST flat black rims. If anyone is interested in a full set of factory 20" MX rims (no tires or TPMS), I'm in central Illinois. I prefer cash & carry, as the boxes that the new rims came in aren't in the best of shape for shipping the old ones.
If I can't sell them, I may just get them powder coated and put winter tires on them.

Yes, if I had to do it again, I would have taken delivery with the stock 20" wheels and then bought 22" aftermarket. 1) you end up with two sets of wheels 2) it is likely cheaper 3) the 22" mileage hit is more than 10% and they are noisier

I have driven a loaner MX with the stock wheels and it is quieter and goes farther than my MX with 22"s

I don't have any regrets either. I think, aesthetically speaking, the car looks nicer. I've travelled to Las Vegas and the ride is not as stiff and I don't feel every gravel on the road like my prior Lexus GS 400 on stock low profile 17 inch wheel/rim.