Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Suggestion for Center Console Wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you buy that or make it yourself ?

Yes made myself.. The images are that I've taken... made measurements , setup/arrange the images how I wanted then sent it to a graphic place to print and add a protective coating to it. Then I cleaned the surface and installed... I'm including the online business for an example that you might have in your area. https://www.printmoz.com/air-release-vinyl/12x12

Used to have a Kenriko carbon fiber wrap but it started bubbling and I somehow got a scratch on it. It bothered me enough that I removed it and went with RPM Tesla’s plastic carbon fiber induced kit in matte. If it gets scratched the clear film wrapped on it self heals with heat. Can’t beat that.

Model 3 Center Console Molded Plastic Carbon Fiber Coated - From $89

Attachments

• 503AF974-79A8-4F6B-A863-BD943074E41A.jpeg
    503AF974-79A8-4F6B-A863-BD943074E41A.jpeg
    701 KB · Views: 258
  • 44B04F3C-9326-451F-AA92-44B5AD2DEEEE.jpeg
    44B04F3C-9326-451F-AA92-44B5AD2DEEEE.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 206
Used to have a Kenriko carbon fiber wrap but it started bubbling and I somehow got a scratch on it. It bothered me enough that I removed it and went with RPM Tesla’s plastic carbon fiber induced kit in matte. If it gets scratched the clear film wrapped on it self heals with heat. Can’t beat that.

Model 3 Center Console Molded Plastic Carbon Fiber Coated - From $89
I was looking at getting the same wrap from RPMTesla. Seems very easy to install from the video.

Does the Tesla key card still work through it to allow driving the car for valet or if the phone isn’t working? That was one of the reasons I didn’t get their other carbon fiber console wrap.

Yes it will work with this set. I actually had the real carbon fiber kit from them previously which I didn’t mention cause it was for a hot minute and yes the key card didn’t work with that one. The one thing I notice with after market parts for TESLA is there really isn’t such a thing as a perfect fit. This plastic kit I have on I had to slightly move down on the top piece ever so slightly as it would rub on top. It was very easy to install. Just make sure you don’t press down until you’ve tested it and are satisfied with the placement

Last edited:
One more thing to know for anyone who does use the real CF wrap.
You will be unable to add any keys to your car at all, unless you disassemble the center console.

I just bought a new fob, and asked service to add it to my car, since the CF prevented the signal from getting through. I thought they could reprogram a new key with the laptop only. Turns out they had to disassemble my console and when they unplugged the card reader all the existing keys are removed.

So now my fob works, cool. Now neither my phone nor key card work though. There is literally no way to fix this without either disassembling the console, or removing the wrap.

Would have been cool if the outside door pillar sensor could do the same functions as the center console reader, but alas no.

Since its aftermarket, I cant complain to Tesla, but it sure does suck, to have them program a new key, only to have it break all the other keys.