Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any thoughts of having active noise cancellation in model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Active noise cancellation was released to MX lately. It was mentioned using microphones in front seats. I think there is no mics in MY seats.

Could active noise cancelling be possible still without seat mics. I'd love to have it.

-Antti

Active noise cancellation was released to MX lately. It was mentioned using microphones in front seats. I think there is no mics in MY seats.

Could active noise cancelling be possible still without seat mics. I'd love to have it.

-Antti
No. And it doesn’t even work in the S/X anyway so you’re not missing anything.

My Y is so quiet that I suspected it had active noise cancellation. The stereo is fantastic and sounds better than my home sound system.

Does the Y have ANC? Or is it the double pane windows that isolate outside noise and the lack of an ICE engine?

My Y is so quiet that I suspected it had active noise cancellation. The stereo is fantastic and sounds better than my home sound system.

Does the Y have ANC? Or is it the double pane windows that isolate outside noise and the lack of an ICE engine?
It doesn't but like you said it's mostly due to the double pane windows they added (and maybe other passive noise canceling enhancements). I'm reminded how quiet it is when I have to drive an ICE car and then come back to the MY. :p

Reactions: Manbutter
It doesn't but like you said it's mostly due to the double pane windows they added (and maybe other passive noise canceling enhancements). I'm reminded how quiet it is when I have to drive an ICE car and then come back to the MY. :p
It’s amazing how much low level stress you receive from a droning ICE engine. It exhausts you but I never realized this until I started driving an ev.

It’s kind of the same as having a good pair of anc headphones on a plane. Blocking out all the white noise really destresses you.

• Funny
Reactions: Mike_TV and glide