Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tips of removing suction cup and sticker marks from windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I just recently got my new MYLR and I started noticing that nearly all the windows have suction cup and square sticker marks when I spray clearer or fog up the glass. I've read a couple of threads and they recommend alcohol, invisible shield and plenty of elbow grease. I've done all these suggestions multiple times and they still aren't coming off. Did anyone else successfully remove these marks?

Couple things I tried was taking my fresh microfiber towel which was damp after a car wash, and just elbow grease.
If it persisted I went to my glass cleaner.
If it still persisted then I'd cut over to either a white vinegar/water mix, or even go to a headlight restore solution and more elbow grease with a pad. I use to get horrible hard water stains in AZ from the communities sprinkler system, and had to combat that.
I just try the less harsh options first. Mainly spray on cloth direct then apply.

I have used my PPF Tack solution which was rubbing alcohol and water diluted. I had to use that on many of the surfaces when applying paint protection film anyway.

Are the suction cup marks, sticker marks on the inside or outside of the glass? If outside you may want to consider using a clay bar and a lubricating solution to clay the glass. This requires skill and patience so you may want to find a professional detailer.

Its on the inside for sure. What can be done from the inside?
Not sure. There may be a plastic sound deadening treatment film on the inside of the windshield. I don't think you could apply a clay treatment to the inside without potentially damaging the windshield.

I have at least one round disk mark and one small spot on the inside of the windshield of my 2020 Model Y. I use Invisible Glass and a microfiber cloth to clean the inside glass on my Model Y (outside too if I am just cleaning the glass and not washing the whole vehicle.)

I have been patiently waiting to see if repeated application of the Invisible Glass cleaner will remove the marks over time. So far, after 15 months, the marks remain but they are not very noticeable. When the marks on the inside of the windshield start to fog up I know it is time to clean the inside of the windshield again.

I use the Invisible Glass wand tool. This extends your reach by at least 1 foot and makes cleaning all corners of the windshield easy.

My May 2020 build had cloudy windows from the inside. I spent a lot of time thoroughly cleaning with good glass cleaners- Gyeon, Invisible Glass, McKee’s, clay bar and the haze was still present. Luckily this worked:
McKee’s 2020 Cockpit Glass Cleaner

It takes more effort as it applies as a lotion and then you’ll want to wipe off the dried haze, but out goes the cloudiness and it prepped my windows perfectly prior to the window tinters applying film to the car.

See another person’s review here: Review: McKees 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner

• Helpful
Reactions: 907XCP and Jiver
My May 2020 build had cloudy windows from the inside. I spent a lot of time thoroughly cleaning with good glass cleaners- Gyeon, Invisible Glass, McKee’s, clay bar and the haze was still present. Luckily this worked:
McKee’s 2020 Cockpit Glass Cleaner

It takes more effort as it applies as a lotion and then you’ll want to wipe off the dried haze, but out goes the cloudiness and it prepped my windows perfectly prior to the window tinters applying film to the car.

See another person’s review here: Review: McKees 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner
thanks for your suggestion!

I had this when I got my model x last year. These are suction cup marks from the machines applying the glass to the car.

don’t do anything. Contact the service center , bring it in and have them buff it out professionally. That’s what I did,...good clean result

under warranty

rob

Many years ago, I bought a used car that had been sitting outside for quite awhile and had water stains on the windows from a nearby sprinkler system. I tried just about everything I could find but nothing completely removed the stains. Then I tried Simichrome, and lo and behold, all of the stains were gone and the glass was clear as it could be. If you try this, I highly suggest you do a small part first in an area that is not so visible to see if it leaves any scratches. Good luck.