Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tips on cleaning the gray interior liner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Model 3 back from the shop, and there was black residue of some sort on the liner. It looked like electrical tape residue. I didn't know what it was, so I stupidly tried to clean it with a towel, and I got most of it off. But there's still some light spots and I'm afraid to use anything wet. Any tips, or products that will work wonders to clean it?
Something that won't leave a "wet stain" after?

-Ron

Attachments

• DSC_2370.JPG
    DSC_2370.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 274
I just got my Model 3 back from the shop, and there was black residue of some sort on the liner. It looked like electrical tape residue. I didn't know what it was, so I stupidly tried to clean it with a towel, and I got most of it off. But there's still some light spots and I'm afraid to use anything wet. Any tips, or products that will work wonders to clean it?
Something that won't leave a "wet stain" after?

-Ron

I had some stains in the same area and I used this fabric cleaner from Mckees 37 and it worked well. The key to avoid a "wet stain" is to spray the product onto a microfiber towel (do not spray it directly onto the area) and then lightly blot the area using the towel. Then "dry" the area with another clean, dry microfiber towel.

Good luck!

Reactions: XPsionic