Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clean tire sling (oil based) on PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My whole car is PPF wrapped. I'm usually OCD about keeping everything clean and shiny looking. Then I did something dumb.

I made the mistake of using an oil based tire dressing. Put too much on and drove off too soon. Now there's spots all over the doors and rocker panel. I saw several threads about cleaning tire sling from paint, but didn't see anything about what to do if you have a PPF wrap.
Since the tire dressing was oil based, would something as simple as dish soap worK to dissolve the stains? What else would be good for removing it without leaving any permanent damage to the PPF?
I would assume the cleaning considerations for PPF would be different from what you would do on normal paint, not sure if anyone knows any tricks, or if there's any detailers with some insight. I know it probably has little relevance, but the car is black, and the PPF is clear (not matte or a vinyl wrap).

No need to overthink it. Spray some quick detailer on a microfiber cloth and wipe it off. Or just dampen the microfiber with some water
I hand washed the car with waterless wash & microfiber and it was still there. I suppose I need to use a little more force and really try and rub it off with extra elbow grease. A local detailer I asked made it seem like it could be permanent, he was happy to sell me a $150 session to try and remove it, glad I declined

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0