Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tips to increase your chance of getting a Tesla Loaner while in for Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"If you have a Model X that comes in for service, the service loaner you will get will be the absolute fully loaded state-of-the-art P100D Ludicrous, best Model X that we have. The same for the Model S."

Best loaner I've ever gotten was a loaded Model S 100D. Some of the time, it's base Model S 60's, 70's, and 75's, usually pre-AP or disabled-AP. Rest of the time, the onsite Enterprise rent-a-car provides gas guzzler SUVs and even a Dodge Charger once. 1st world problems. ;)

Reactions: Sawyer8888
I haven't been given a tesla lower in some time now in San Diego. Like someone else mentioned, enterprise also has Tesla's now here but the last 3 visits, they give me an ICE car and say there are no Tesla's available. A bit annoying but what can you do...I do like that they tell you not to fill it back up, and if you DO, bring a receipt for the gas and they reimburse you.

I would imagine that as the Model 3 production ramps up, more of those will be made available for the rental fleet.

Interesting how fussy and entitled people feel about their loaners. Purpose of a loaner is to get you back on the road while your car is being serviced, not to provide you with a special experience.

Make sure Enterprise doesn't have any rentals available.

I had my S in for warranty work and the Tesla Advisor walked me over to Enterprise after telling me they didn't have any Tesla loaners. As soon as the Advisor opened the door, the busy Enterprise rep looked up at him said "out of rentals." So we walked back to the service center and magically there was an P85D loaner available.

Wow lol....

Would love to only worry about having a non-Tesla loaner for, what a day or two? I live in New Mexico, and my 2017 75D has spent most of the last month and a half at the Scottsdale service center. I had a Nissan Sentra for nearly three weeks and then a Nissan Rogue for two weeks - finally returning it this evening! I hope Tesla has now replaced everything that can possibly be replaced or they will be paying to tow my car to Scottsdale and back (over 400 miles each way) a third time. And I might self destruct.