Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tricks to scheduling Mobile Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 about a week ago. During my first drive, I received a "safety restraint system fault" alert, and immediately called service. They took my details, and said that someone would call me back in 24-48 hours to schedule a Mobile Service appointment. I'm coming up on day seven, and haven't been contacted. I've called in a few times, but each time they tell me that someone will call me back.

I emailed my delivery advisor, who suggested scheduling service through the Tesla app. However, the app only allows me to schedule service in Seattle, which is a 200 mile, 3.5 hour drive. I'd hate to have to wait two months and put 400 miles on my brand new car just to have a seatbelt connecter reseated.

Does anyone have a trick to getting a Mobile Service appointment scheduled when you live far away from a service center?

They’re swamped so this is not surprising. You can try and schedule an appointment through the app as those get rewieved if they’re eligible for mobile service. Then cancel if nothing pans out. Be prepared to give them as many time slots as possible.

Reactions: israndy
Call your local service center and they can help schedule a mobile ranger. 800 tesla is weak. The service center texts the local mobile ranger supervisor. You will get to know them and get their cellphone numbers as they text you they are on the way and scheduling changes and such...

When i use the app to schedule service, I put in the notes "request mobile service if possible" and so far ive had good luck with that. The mobile team contacts me to set up a time. Since you are far away, I would put that in the notes as well as reasoning for requesting the mobile service.

All my service needs have been non-urgent, so I mailed tesla service with what needs fixing. In both cases when mobile service was adequate, they responded with "would mobile service be acceptable" and after my response, came back with a day/time within a day or two. Both times, they arrived on time. Once when they came with one of the wrong parts, someone delivered the right part within the hour so the service took only 30 minutes longer than originally planned. Very convenient, professional, and efficient.

Even working next door to a Tesla service center, getting repairs done is a problematic. They are swamped and delivering new cars is a higher priority.

Two days in a row we dropped the car off at the scheduled appointment time and nothing was done.

Our charger needs replacing so we can supercharge again.