Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to change front seats on the Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking seriously about buying my first Tesla and excited about the idea. However I have a bad back and pretty wide rear end and the wings on the seats cramp me and create some back pain that I can't live with. I read on a Model 3 thread that there are there are different generations of seats for the Model 3. Is that true with the Model S as well? Is there a model year that has flatter seats and could I potentially swap older seats into a new car (my salesperson wasn't helpful with this)?

Reactions: electrique
I also wish we could swap out seats. It's probably the one thing I really hate about my car. But, to be fair, I felt this way about every car I got into to test drive before I bought the Tesla, and I drove several. It seems they all now have scoop backed seats with head restraints that lean forward too much and force you into back posture. What I wouldn't give to have the seats from my 2007 Odyssey again! LOL I started using this back stretcher thing to help make the seat more comfortable for me. You'd have to decide if it would work for your situation. https://www.amazon.com/Gokhale-Meth...568395237&sprefix=gohale+metho,aps,193&sr=8-1

There's also a book you can get that might help with your back pain. I found it at my local library. It's called "8 Steps to a Pain Free Back" by Esther Gokhale.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: electrique
I severely herniated a disc a month ago and my 2014 S is the only vehicle we have that works for me now.
I actually have an appointment for fusion in just a few days.
For reference I am 5'11" 240lbs. weight is distributed pretty evenly though not wide in the hips.

I severely herniated a disc a month ago and my 2014 S is the only vehicle we have that works for me now.
I actually have an appointment for fusion in just a few days.
For reference I am 5'11" 240lbs. weight is distributed pretty evenly though not wide in the hips.

How did this turn out? I agree that the support wings are killers, especially on the seat base. They squeeze and compress my glutes and thighs, which right now is resulting in terrible pain in my right glute radiating into the lower back. I've been looking around at the seats of other manufacturers, and they seem to be designed similarly.