Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to turn on MX front reading lights without screen menu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The front dome lights turn on by pressing the individual lenses themselves. Might take a bit of fumbling to find either the driver lense or the passenger, but they do work.

Check the owners manual in the “Lights” section in the “Driving” chapter. Description and instructions are there.

Weird that back ones turn on by pushing them but front don’t.
The front dome lights turn on by pressing the individual lenses themselves. Might take a bit of fumbling to find either the driver lense or the passenger, but they do work.
There is only one set of dome lights. The middle three, which point toward the back three seats turn on when I touch them in my 2017 X. The outside two, which point toward the front seats, do NOT turn on when I touch them. I believe this is what the OP is asking about. Is your 2018 X different?

Sorry I misread the conversation. My behavior is identical to yours. The back 3 are touch controlled, the front two are not.

Yup. I was incorrect. It’s what I get for late night posting. :(

I just went out and paid attention to the lights.

Mine is the very same- of the 5 lights/lenses in the dome, the back 3 are touch controlled while the front 2 are indeed what everyone else reports and controlled only via the touchscreen.

I typically “fumble” and use the “outside” two lights of the back 3 as my map-lights.