Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any word on the Virginia EV rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the status of this new Virginia law and program? The law passed in October, but since then, they haven't published a website (that I can find) and haven't made any further announcements. One Tesla SA said it's not funded (which sounds typical these days). Does anybody know anything more?

I'd love to get $2500 off my Tesla next week...

Does anyone know the status of this new Virginia law and program? The law passed in October, but since then, they haven't published a website (that I can find) and haven't made any further announcements. One Tesla SA said it's not funded (which sounds typical these days). Does anybody know anything more?

I'd love to get $2500 off my Tesla next week...

I'm wondering the same. I remember when it passed last year, but I did understand it wasn't funded. It shouldn't need to be funded until 2023, when folks are filing their 2022 taxes. Hopefully the VA legislature and new governor honor their previous commitment and add it to the two year budget.

I believe the new governor sent over his budget amendments this past week and it's now up to the new legislature to form the budget.

I took delivery of my new MYLR in January 2022, so I'm planning on the rebate.