Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody experienced this water leakage issue? (post from South Korea)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This moment, Korean Tesla community is getting filled with posts about model Y owners' either relief or disappointment, having been to their car to check this up in their pajamas.

This issue was found out during anti-noise patching work in a custom shop.

See the following youtube short. (I would raise the volume to hear sound of absolutely soaked sponge )

The shop claims that 7 of 9 Model Y had this issue and is not sure where the water leaks from.

As Model Y has been run in U.S for a lot longer than in South Korea ( it's only been 5 months here), I wonder if this problem has been out at least once in this community.

Thanks for your comment in advance!

Had to post after reading this. These are shots of the rear passenger footwell after a weekend of heavy rain in the Bay Area. Have no idea where the water has come from. Roof and windows are all dry. With Tesla service center now. 🤞🏽

Attachments

• 6665D0F1-BF57-4E8F-9921-64BAFD90E0E4.jpeg
    6665D0F1-BF57-4E8F-9921-64BAFD90E0E4.jpeg
    645 KB · Views: 192
  • 788E3208-367B-400D-B764-8F765A9FE43A.jpeg
    788E3208-367B-400D-B764-8F765A9FE43A.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 6FF22276-CEA9-4B97-A574-47D677A7024C.jpeg
    6FF22276-CEA9-4B97-A574-47D677A7024C.jpeg
    674.2 KB · Views: 105
There are complaints about smelly Air Conditioner in Model 3 and Y. I guess this is related to that.
Yes and no - both are not uncommon problems in cars with A/C, not just Teslas.

Air conditioners remove water from the air. That water needs to drain out, typically via a drain pan underneath the condenser that had a hole that drains under the car (hence the puddle of water under cars in the summer time.) if that drain gets plugged, water from the A/C can back up into the car.

The smell is generally related to mold growth on the air filter or evaporator coils. If you have water backing up into the car, that can lead to mold growth, too, but that’s a different issue.

Had to post after reading this. These are shots of the rear passenger footwell after a weekend of heavy rain in the Bay Area. Have no idea where the water has come from. Roof and windows are all dry. With Tesla service center now. 🤞🏽
Hi there, have to same issue and the service center can’t figure it out. Did you end up getting this fix and what was the issue?

Hi there, have the same issue. Took it to the service center and they couldn’t figure it out. Did they ever figure out the cause? It just rained again and the water issue came back and I want to convey to the service center what the possible cause is. I have a 2022 model 3.