Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody on V9 in Switzerland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Drivers

My MX is stuck on V8.1 2018.32.4 since 08.10.2018.
Also another MS I know is on V8.1.

Did anybody in Switzerland have V9?
I think it's not rolled out in all EU countries but no news to read and no information from TESLA side.

Good that this Switzerland discussion started. Information is spread out over several topics already and it would be good to centralize.
I am in the same boot with my 2017 S 100D. People have been mentioning the dashcam functionality (not forbidden in CH) and privacy issues (too much data going back to Tesla) but unclear. I also contacted like some other Tesla and they only mention that they are waiting for regulatory approval and "it will come soon". Personally I see no major things in V9 that need regulatory discussions/approvals.

I think we should be better informed as we pay the full price for its features, people in the Scandinavian countries and The Netherlands mainly for the tax benefits/deductions. For sure when the significant tax benefit will disappear in The Netherlands next year the sales of Tesla will drop massively.

Reactions: rymannphilippe
Check out
v9 finally going international? ... 2018.40 spotted in Japan
That thread probably has the longest discussion for the Swiss fellows. The link to the post is here.

I have been on 2018.34.1 for a long time. It is indeed very peculiar that they don't give an explanation. As many others have said, there doesn't seem to be any new features that would need regulatory approval, since we're not getting drive on nav anyway for the time being.

Last info sais that they have already started deploying in Switzerland, but looking at Teslafi, it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Informative
Reactions: rymannphilippe
A message from Didi today:

CH/Austria tesla drivers:

I got yesterday following answer - thank you for contacting us at the Tesla Executive Care Team.

There has been a delay due to a region/country specific update in the release notes - for which we apologize - however V9 is being rolled out to all vehicles in Austria/Switzerland. Like many of our other Tesla family members you will receive the latest firmware update soon.

However I am unable to provide you with an exact timeline as we are not rolling out firmware updates to all vehicles at the same time. (to prevent server overloads and other common errors resulting from that method). This is an automated process and we have no visibility on the exact date or time when a vehicle receives their latest firmware version. To receive the FW update as soon as possible - please make sure that your vehicle is connected to a stable WiFI connection.

I wish you a nice day!

Met vriendelijke groeten, Best regards, Med vänliga hälsningar,

Johny de Feber | Global Executive Care
Bekkenstenveien 15 | 0976 Oslo, Norway

I am aware that in Austria and Luxembourg the penalties of using dashcams are significant. In Switzerland they are allowed but due to unclear privacy laws the advice is not to install them. Also in court they cannot be used as evidence.
I have blackvue installed om my cars since a few years.

One Tesla Model X P100D in Switzerland (Appenzell Ausserrhoden) with AP 2.5 got Firmware 2018.44 today.
Yeah, but unfortunately it was already coming from 2018.42.3. It might be one of the 3 or 4 cars that received V9 in Switzerland when European distribution started or a member of the early access program who hasn’t stopped using Teslafi.

64CD89EC-A08F-4994-96E9-BC897C77C78F.jpeg