Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone apply the 2022.8.10.5 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 MCU1. Installed 2022.8.10.5 and have tried it out for a few days now. Almost feels like I got my old car back :)
  • Voice control
  • Nav
  • bluetooth (mostly)
They work again! especially voice control had been deteriorated for what feels like a year or so. Did others get these back too?

What glitches were you aware of? I didn't have any (other than the temperamental voice control)
The two glitches i was concerned about were (1) the inconsistent placement of the map orientation tool (the icon where you can choose if the map is North-up, direction-up, or whole route). In my case, that icon disappears when you Navigate, but it reappears when you are not doing so. That seems to be unchanged, still broken. And (2) a glitch with playing podcasts, but that seems to have been resolved -- I think. No problems so far, anyway!

Reactions: dark cloud
Yes! And see a list of all podcast episodes under the main title. Currently, if you play one that (say) is 2 weeks old, it no longer lists anything more current than what just played!
On my car, what i find is that you click on the icon in the list of Favorites/recents, then click on the podcast name, then on the "Episodes" tab. that then shows the full list.

Just got notification for an available update to 2022.8.10.5. I’m still on MCU1 with AP1. Can’t find any release notes online to see what’s changing.
I applied 2022.8.10.5 last week. To my 90D mcu1. Telephone ui looks better. However, lost the ability to view the map options. It shows the whole journey, but losses the options to view more localised view and direction of drive up. It might be there somewhere, but not that I can find.
Also, lost my favourites on the radio setting and cannot see how to re-instate them. Of course, cannot find any notes on this upgrade.

Reactions: David29
I applied 2022.8.10.5 last week. To my 90D mcu1. Telephone ui looks better. However, lost the ability to view the map options. It shows the whole journey, but losses the options to view more localised view and direction of drive up. It might be there somewhere, but not that I can find.
Also, lost my favourites on the radio setting and cannot see how to re-instate them. Of course, cannot find any notes on this upgrade.
Try tapping the map background and more icons should appear.

I have had the same issue with the map controls on my 2015 Model S. I got version 11 with an earlier update and hoped the latest one would fix the bugs, but not the Nav screen issues.

I have not been activating updates on my MCU1 Model S due to fears of losing capabilities through stupidity. But once again my Service Center installed it while there.

This update breaks the "Trip Planner" feature. Even though enabled, it doesn't automatically route to superchargers to be able to make the trip. I reported it and supposedly will be reviewed for future updates. Have any other MCU1 owners observed this? None of the other bugs are fixed that I can tell.

I have not been activating updates on my MCU1 Model S due to fears of losing capabilities through stupidity. But once again my Service Center installed it while there.

This update breaks the "Trip Planner" feature. Even though enabled, it doesn't automatically route to superchargers to be able to make the trip. I reported it and supposedly will be reviewed for future updates. Have any other MCU1 owners observed this? None of the other bugs are fixed that I can tell.
No issues on my MCU1 running the latest firmware. Your issue sounds like an easy one to fix. Make sure Trip Planner (Beta) is enabled in options. If you already did that uou could try factory reset.

During one of my trips less than 90 miles, the trip planner did not plan for a super charger stop, but displayed a warning that I need to charge for reaching destination. Any one experienced this behavior? (this is on a route which has at least 7 superchargers)

I noticed on my S85D with free unlimited supercharging that this software version will display the most recent supercharging location and time on the charging screen, as opposed to “No recent Supercharging” (or something similar) like it did before.

Bruce.

Reactions: dbldwn02

I’m having the same issues. I’ve always (and still) set to auto route to chargers, but many times after this update it tells me “charging needed to reach destination” and I have to manually pick a nearby charger and then update Nav to my destination. This never happened before 2022.8.10.5 . I also find that it’s very risky with routing and today miscalculated and left me from 8% (heat off and very light on the pedal) to end up with not enough to reach charge and I then had to manually route to a charger vs automatically adding the charger to the route. Not a fan of this update! Any solutions welcome!

I’m having the same issues. I’ve always (and still) set to auto route to chargers, but many times after this update it tells me “charging needed to reach destination” and I have to manually pick a nearby charger and then update Nav to my destination. This never happened before 2022.8.10.5 . I also find that it’s very risky with routing and today miscalculated and left me from 8% (heat off and very light on the pedal) to end up with not enough to reach charge and I then had to manually route to a charger vs automatically adding the charger to the route. Not a fan of this update! Any solutions welcome!
Yes, please see my above response in the thread.