Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Replica r241 19x9.5 for their new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always reference this for all the OEM wheel specs The Tesla Model Y Wheel Guide
Yeah the T sportline wheel guides are great resources. I always used the Model 3 guide and often send it to other people to use.

I think I’m going to be going with the 19x9.5 spec since the 19x8.5 seems to be backordered now. I don’t want to wait for whenever those will be back since the warm weather is right around the corner.

Yeah the T sportline wheel guides are great resources. I always used the Model 3 guide and often send it to other people to use.

I think I’m going to be going with the 19x9.5 spec since the 19x8.5 seems to be backordered now. I don’t want to wait for whenever those will be back since the warm weather is right around the corner.
I would still suggest 19x8.5.....they go in/out of backordered status all the time....I would just wait. the 1" difference makes a big curb rash risk difference.

If you buy the 8.5 instead of the 9.5 does that mean the stock gemini tire (rubber) cannot be put on the replika wheel and I'd have to buy new tires? Sorry, I'm a noob with cars and such.
The stock tires fit the 8.5" wide wheels too, and I believe even fit better than stock wheels. If I remember correctly, the 9.5" size is the upper width limit for the tire, but the 8.5" is better within spec. Anyway, I used the stock tires with the new replika wheels no problem on my old MYLR.

Reactions: thebarold
Hey y’all so I have a 22 MYP. Based on the posts I’m a little confused about getting 8.5 vs 9.5 replika R241. I contacted aftermarket EV and they said they recommend 9.5. here is what they said:

9.5” allow for better handling. They also stretch the tire out more which lowers rolling resistance and increases efficiency. Model Y performance usually has even wider tires in the back, so going with 8.5” would be very narrow

Is this true?

Hey y’all so I have a 22 MYP. Based on the posts I’m a little confused about getting 8.5 vs 9.5 replika R241. I contacted aftermarket EV and they said they recommend 9.5. here is what they said:

9.5” allow for better handling. They also stretch the tire out more which lowers rolling resistance and increases efficiency. Model Y performance usually has even wider tires in the back, so going with 8.5” would be very narrow

Is this true?
Bump. Any help?

I assume you will be changing to all 4 tires using the same factory LR Y 19" size? In that case, the reference to the Y Performance doesn't make much sense IMHO.

I would suggest (but I'm not an expert) that the only important factor is that the exact tire you plan to use allows for the 8.5" wide wheels.
I’m sorry I don’t understand anything you said. Can you explain?

I’m sorry I don’t understand anything you said. Can you explain?
Sorry, you didn't really explain what you are planning to do in your original question. Can you elaborate on exactly what kind of wheel size (diameter) and tire size you are planning to get? It's hard to answer your question without knowing that, I just gave some general advice. That's possibly why nobody responded.

Sorry, you didn't really explain what you are planning to do in your original question. Can you elaborate on exactly what kind of wheel size (diameter) and tire size you are planning to get? It's hard to answer your question without knowing that, I just gave some general advice. That's possibly why nobody responded.
I have an MYP. Should I get 8.5 or 9.5 diameter wheel and why?

I have an MYP. Should I get 8.5 or 9.5 diameter wheel and why?
I have the 8.5 on my LR and has saved me from curb rash countless times where I have literally run up against the curb and hear the gashing to only find out the tire was scuffed and the rims wasn't. Can't speak to the handling as I don't tend to push it on curves but I didn't see much difference between the original wheels and these.

Not sure if the Question above is relating to all-season or winter tires but here is my experience. I went with the 9.5 width for my winters so that they match exactly the stock on my MYLR (i have the all-seasons mounted to the Replikas and the winters mounted to the Geminis). First real driving on snow accumulation, I was a bit surprised, but shouldn't be. Note that for winter tires ON SNOW, narrower tires are better as the wider tires will 'float' on the snow. Now the MY has more torque than my previous ICE fwd car but i was nonetheless surprised to feel the car swing a bit in turns that i used to be able to do easily in my FWD ICE car. So maybe for the next round of winters, I might go with a slightly narrower tire just for that reason, however if most of the driving is on dry but cold roads, more contact areas is probably preferably to less. as they say... YMMV.

Pulled the trigger on some replika R241 9.5’s 19 inch wheels today. Thanks to @everydaychris and everyone else for your help and insight. I went through wheel wiz and took advantage of 10% off for the holidays.

Now for tires I’m debating between the DW06 plus continentals or the Michelin all season pilot sport 4’s. It looks like the continentals are higher rated but I would love y’all’s input and advice on which tire I should get and which tire size would be best for the wheels I got. Thanks!

Pulled the trigger on some replika R241 9.5’s 19 inch wheels today. Thanks to @everydaychris and everyone else for your help and insight. I went through wheel wiz and took advantage of 10% off for the holidays.

Now for tires I’m debating between the DW06 plus continentals or the Michelin all season pilot sport 4’s. It looks like the continentals are higher rated but I would love y’all’s input and advice on which tire I should get and which tire size would be best for the wheels I got. Thanks!
what Tires did you end up getting? I’m torn between these 2

what Tires did you end up getting? I’m torn between these 2

Oh yeah forgot. CHeck my video on YT and there's a promo code for $100 off the replika wheels. I dont think Im allowed to post codes on forums.

Reactions: robchan
When we first bought our MYLR we knew we had to replace those Gemini Wheels. Project finally completed! Looks so much better IMO

Here’s what we did:
- R241 Replika Wheel. Chose space gray since it matches our MSM. Kept 19” tires and the wheels are 19 x 8.5 so we can have the tires stick out more to reduce the risk of curb rash. Got hubcentric so this is a simple swap - $1050
- Space Gray lug nut covers - $25
- Red Brake Caliper Covers (Installed myself) - $150
- Tesla Wheel Cap Decals - $10
- America’s Tire Installing the wheels - $112

Sold our like new Gemini wheels for $960
Still have the Gemini wheel covers, might be able to sell for $100 I hope

So basically for $287 more we upgraded from the Gemini wheels while keeping 19” wheels :)

B84F50FF-AE76-4C33-86F6-376DF4A04787.jpeg
EEF64C5D-5511-4741-8656-7B332EC61703.jpeg

Reactions: everydaychris