Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone comparing the e-tron GT to the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I find amusing the design path Mercedes have choose for their flagship car.....

2021_mercedes-benz_s-class_97_2560x1440.jpg
This does remind me why I definitely won't be buying a Merc anytime soon. Just not my style at all. The MX interior is far less cluttered and looks like it's aimed at a much younger market. All my 11 year old daughter's favourite Youtubers are driving Teslas these days, usually the MX. She found her way around the Tesla infotainment system literally in seconds. Melanie Martinez was effing away in no time at all! I doubt the Merc would be quite so intuitive for our next generation.

Reactions: gangzoom and Durzel
I just had a play with the e-tron configurator. I managed to spec one out for around £88k. It does look quite nice, but the first thing I noticed on the interior was the tiny touchscreen, which is likely to be a pain and no doubt full of embedded menus. The interior doesn't look very relaxing to me either. Too many aggressive angular details and grilles for my liking. Even the seats look mean! Looks like the sort of thing Darth Vader would like. Having driven Teslas for a few years now I've really come to appreciate their chilled out interior ambience, especially in white. Performance also looks adequate rather than stunning for the price level. Honestly I would almost certainly still choose a Model S over this if I was in the market for a large cruise ship.

Reactions: DJP31 and gangzoom
If you wanted a car with superb build quality, levels of comfort and refinement that match the price, windscreen wipers that work and a decent set of matrix headlights then a Tesla wouldn’t even be on your shopping list. Oh, and of course a decent PDI before delivery. Different people have different priorities, and the inadequacies I’ve mentioned mean I won’t be getting another Tesla.
Well perhaps I’m in the minority, but my 2x MS cars have been very solid and Manchester SC has been superb. Had a ranger out to fix the 12V battery on my first car, and some recall work. Far better than taking in my son‘s VW to the the Audi/VW place.

And the last Audi we owned fell apart every 3-4 months or so. The current Etron has not been stellar either. I just see the same stuff now on a skateboard EV platform.

Just a matter of personal taste, but even the 2013 MS interior to me feels like being in a sleek spaceship - but the Audi interior looks like just a car with LCD screens now replacing dials.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peteski
The latest Mercedes EQS renders looks like a set from Star Trek and with a 55inch screen I look forward to AliExpress vendors trying to make a screen protector for it.

View attachment 649554

Actually I really like it. There’s nothing attractive or aesthetically pleasing about the screen in my M3 - it’s just like someone has stuck a big tablet to the dash. At least the EQS screen is integrated into the car.

The latest Mercedes EQS renders looks like a set from Star Trek and with a 55inch screen I look forward to AliExpress vendors trying to make a screen protector for it.

View attachment 649554
You’re right. It LOOKS. But that was my point earlier. It still DOES nothing new (as far as I know). If so, this just a fancy replacement of the old dials and switches.
We may disagree with how well it works but the Tesla warns me if two cars ahead are coming together, warms the batteries as it approaches a Supercharger and then entertains me while I charge, embarrasses super cars off the line, ...and so on.

Reactions: Doudeau
but it's not a 55 inch screen - it is 3 separate screens behind a big glass panel

No doubt it is beautifully executed but just too much bling which is MBs interior styling these days.

Seems that Tesla did a big (practical) screen as a USP now everyone seems to be trying to outdo them with more and bigger displays.
Enough - please just stop,
... or when does a regulator step in and say this is all too distracting?