Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Anyone else experiencing increased range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just over 38K miles on our Model3 LR and the rated range is increasing:).
Up until the most recent upgrade (20.4.2) the car charged to 277 @ 90% .
It now charges to 286 @ 90%. New it charged to 308 @ 100 %.
I've checked several times, and it's definitely increasing.

The max estimated range on the LR RWD car was 'upgraded' to 325 in a release earlier this year. Your cars estimated range will vary based on driving habits and battery health.[/QUOTE

After the earlier range update which included 5% better performance the best I got was about 310@100%, and 277@90% which was great because that was better than new.
I figured the reason I wasn’t getting 325 was because of battery degradation due to the miles we were racking up. It seems the latest update has brought the rated range even above what I got with the 5% upgrade.

The max estimated range on the LR RWD car was 'upgraded' to 325 in a release earlier this year. Your cars estimated range will vary based on driving habits and battery health.
How many times do people have to explain here that the range displayed on the battery meter is the EPA rated range? Period. Full stop. It has nothing to do with your driving habits.

How many times do people have to explain here that the range displayed on the battery meter is the EPA rated range? Period. Full stop. It has nothing to do with your driving habits.

It’s just like the claims that the range change was just a software change of the amount per mile used in the calculation. It will never die. (In the range case, if that were so, those of us charging on 40 amp connections would have seen an increase in the number of miles per hour being charged. We didn’t.