Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else getting overnight test drive offer via text?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I got an offer to take any model of my choice for an overnight test drive.
Kinda weird as it came from a google voice number, tho it turned out to be legit
It was from the local Mission Viejo store
I have owned a model S for 2 plus years, so this appears to be a marketing tool. As a 90D owner who would love to have a P100D I’m tempted to take them up on the offer

It's probably real, my neighbor had an extra tesla yesterday and he told me they gave it to him overnight to see if he wants to upgrade to a Performance Dual 3. If your not sure just call the store directly, I'm sure someone there would know about it if they sent it to you.

Something like this has happened to me before: Tesla texted me to sell me a new vehicle via red stickers

Two months later I got a similar message, again advertising HOV lane access:
26279AFB-38CB-47F4-B27B-5AA78C786CC5.jpeg

I took them up on their offer
I took a P100d model S overnight
While I loved the power and speed compared to my 90D, I still think it’s an expensive upgrade. My current thoughts are wait until the rare P100D 2016 version with AP2 gets inexpensive enough to buy. If ivfind one thru Tesla I’d get a warranty and free Supercharging

The overnight drive was seemless. Just went into store and met with a wonderful associate ( Hayes ), and he had me on my way shortly. I could have had any car in the fleet at Mission Viejo and they had everything. Seemed like the 3’s were the ones in big demand

glad i got the chance to take the p3d out on ortega highway before they shutter stores and cancel all test drives.

honestly not sure this online thing will work. i know many people, including my wife, who were sold on tesla as soon as they test drove one.

glad i got the chance to take the p3d out on ortega highway before they shutter stores and cancel all test drives.

honestly not sure this online thing will work. i know many people, including my wife, who were sold on tesla as soon as they test drove one.
I'm not sure either. Good cost savings perhaps, but cars are mostly impulse purchases (thanks to financing!).

Maybe more "road shows"?