Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else/Service? What’s the point of scheduling an appt....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My issues have been I'll choose a date/time for service through the Tesla app, but a few days later someone from Tesla would change my service to a different date/time without consulting me first.

They feel I'm available anytime that is convenient for them.

This just happened to me. My passenger front air strut is sagging leaking and originally they scheduled a mobile visit for 8/3. I just received a text this morning saying they have moved my appointment to the SC at 8:30am on 8/14. Fortunately my schedule is flexible enough that I can swing a change, but what if I were already scheduled for vacation or my work schedule didn't accommodate an appointment at 8:30am? I just want my car fixed so I won't bother fighting for a different appointment.

that's pretty generous of you.

Seems to me that if I take a car in for service...pretty much ANY warranty issue, if it's a drop and wait sorta thing for an hour or so then yeah, I would no expect a loaner.... but if it's any sort of leave it situation then i would pretty much expect a loaner.

Not sure how a simple observation constitutes being generous. I thought it was interesting that viper2ko would not ask for/demand a loaner at the time he dropped off his car since he knew upfront it would be a few days.

People can expect a loaner all they want, but if there are none to give out, what recourse do you really have? As I said earlier, I'm not saying this is the right way to run a premium car business, but that's the situation now and ultimately people need to plan for it. I have to drop my car off for service in 3 weeks and I'll be asking them ahead of time whether a loaner is available. If there isn't, I'll be getting a ride back; I won't be taking Uber credits right now. This is for a warranty repair.

With such a virtual stranglehold over premium electric vehicles, Tesla can call their shots. When there is legitimate competition, people who have dealt with poor service will run, not walk away from Tesla.

At auto service centers, tire shops, etc, I've gotten into the practice of going first thing in the morning, appointment or not, as there is a tendency to them to fall behind as the day goes on, never the other way. I prefer to wait there if the work is less than a few hours. But yeah, the last couple of times, it didnt matter because Tesla didn't get to my car at all on the day I dropped it off.

The saving grace is most times 1-2 days before the appt, they've called to change to a mobile service at my home, which is way more convenient. Not only do they show within the hour, but they and you know about how long it will take to complete, as they are working solely on your car.

On loaners, not just Tesla, but BMW, Porsche, Toyota, they all stopped offering me loaners years ago. So I was fairly shocked when Tesla offered $300 worth of Uber credits when I live only 5 miles away.