Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else tempted by new model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 7 seater MY on order but the new refreshed MX is looking tempting.

I personally strongly prefer the interior of 3/Y versus old S/X and now that’s been addressed. The horizontal screen is obviously what the latest software is optimized for now and especially in the future.

The other specs are all better than MY (range, acceleration, interior space, etc), but not price of course!

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
Pay twice the price of a MY for half the steering wheel and a $100 monitor in the rear, are you kidding?

I'd rather wait for the long wheelbase Model Y.

Other specs are better: towing capacity, passenger weight capacity, hepa filter, air suspension, interior space, Ingress/egress, range, acceleration (even with boosted Y), 3 screens vs 1 (esp since the driver cluster will be visible now). I think they’ve done good job of differentiating, but the price jump is definitely considerable.

Other specs are better: towing capacity, passenger weight capacity, hepa filter, air suspension, interior space, Ingress/egress, range, acceleration (even with boosted Y), 3 screens vs 1 (esp since the driver cluster will be visible now). I think they’ve done good job of differentiating, but the price jump is definitely considerable.

Yeah, price jump is crazy. You can get hepa filter for Model Y on Amazon for $40, hardly worth thousands of dollars.

I agree the FWDs are a pain. But, also concerned about those tiny hard to see buttons on the steering wheel that are supposed to be substitutes for normal stalks. Us old folks have bad eyes and i suspect will be hard to see the tiny symbol on each button. Reminds me of that recent 'small font' software update that i hope they fix! But, I'll try test driving an MX and see if i fall in love with it..........

I agree the FWDs are a pain. But, also concerned about those tiny hard to see buttons on the steering wheel that are supposed to be substitutes for normal stalks. Us old folks have bad eyes and i suspect will be hard to see the tiny symbol on each button. Reminds me of that recent 'small font' software update that i hope they fix! But, I'll try test driving an MX and see if i fall in love with it..........

Same here, I personally need to test drive both cars before deciding. Could be May before that’s possible with MX though.