Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else wish TMY had more range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I love TMY. Finaly perfect car from Tesla. All issues I had with TM3 are fixed on Y. Only thing I am a little bit dissapointed is that TMY will be the Tesla with lowest range of all models. I hoped for some bigger battery options as the barely 300 miles range does not impress me. It wont be a cheap car and advancements in battery tech are constantly made so now I am not sure if I sould pull the trigger or wait. I hoped that by the time TMY is released Tesla would offer a more range on Y. Look at that 500miles on Cybertruck! We are making quite a few 1500 miles trips each year so range is very important for us.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
The Model Y should be able to easily take a cross-US journey at 4,000 miles. And back, 8,000 miles.
As long as charging options are placed appropriately, you can get anywhere. If you look at the number of stops needed for long distance travel for different range vehicles, it is not as much as I first thought. And unless you are get in the car and drive straight for 5 hours type of person, most people need stops every 3 or so hours to stretch.

The CyberTruck isn't doing 500 miles with super technology batteries, it's doing it with really big battery packs. Something that needs a truck platform to haul.

Would you pay $10,000 for 100 more mile range?

Hi, I love TMY. Finaly perfect car from Tesla. All issues I had with TM3 are fixed on Y. Only thing I am a little bit dissapointed is that TMY will be the Tesla with lowest range of all models. I hoped for some bigger battery options as the barely 300 miles range does not impress me. It wont be a cheap car and advancements in battery tech are constantly made so now I am not sure if I sould pull the trigger or wait. I hoped that by the time TMY is released Tesla would offer a more range on Y. Look at that 500miles on Cybertruck! We are making quite a few 1500 miles trips each year so range is very important for us.

Your wish has been granted. Range is now 315 miles on the LR AWD, and there is a peformance option on the Peformance model that lets you choose 280 or 315 miles of range.