Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else with night-time high-ISO stuck pixels on dashcam footage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WilliamG

Hinge Fanatic
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I've noticed a bunch (maybe 7) stuck white pixels on night-time footage on my front dashcam, and several on the each of the repeaters, too. Only visible in night footage with little ambient light or dark roads. I'm guessing this is pretty common on these cheap cameras, but it makes me wonder just how well these cameras can really do at night when it comes to Full Self Driving. The footage is really grainy, full of vertical lines etc etc.

Any bets that even with HW3 we'll all need camera upgrades for "real" FSD?

Have more than 20 stuck pixels. Tesla says it normal and no problem. However, wipers often start for no reason and false forward collision warnings are increasingly common. The camera probably should be replaced, but the part is apparently not being offered.

Brand new 2022 MYP, front cam has 7-9 hot pixels and side repeaters a couple as well - only pop up like said above, in low light (high ISO) conditions e.g. like underground parking, tunnel...
I've searched over the net for this and found random night dash cam pics with similar densities of hot pixels on Teslas..since iny case they appear on all cameras (except the back cam I haven't noticed any) and I've read this is supposedly normal and even present on high end Canon and Nikon camera sensors I guess it makes no sense calling Tesla and demanding a fix. Most likely they would anyhow just order new cameras and make a replacement (which I am not a big fan of since the car is otherwise perfect) and there is no guarantee "new" cameras will be 100% stuck pixel free.
Moreover, as soon as there is a bit of light the stuck pixels immediately disappear.