Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else's 2021 Power Trunk Stop Soft Closing Randomly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My power trunk soft closed from delivery, and has randomly decided to stop soft closing with the power latch at the last second of closing. I took it to the SC and they said that it's operating as intended, aka they don't care. I explained and showed them and they acted like they understood what I meant, but the actual TECH refuses to fix anything. Has anyone else experienced this?

My trunk slams closed 100% of the time without the motor pulling it in. It only soft closes when I close the trunk gently by hand. I feel like it’s pretty normal. I secured my license plate and frame so it would sound as crisp as possible when the trunk slams closed.

My trunk slams closed 100% of the time without the motor pulling it in. It only soft closes when I close the trunk gently by hand. I feel like it’s pretty normal. I secured my license plate and frame so it would sound as crisp as possible when the trunk slams closed.
I think the issue is that it varies per car. Me and my friend both took delivery of 2021 Model 3's a few months apart and they always soft closed with the motor pulling it when closed electronically AND manually. Maybe that's why they keep saying it's operating as intended; every vehicle is different. Although, even the one in their showroom soft closes from any height electronically.

Although my friend's was worse and the paint was scraping off of his bumper once the soft close stopped working.