Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone experience this sound? And what is up with the $72 fee to take it in to the SC and have them check it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So here's the video. And when I made and appointment through the app, I got this. What the hell? Is this a new policy? My Model 3 is still under warranty!

Attachments

• IMG_2014.PNG
    IMG_2014.PNG
    334.2 KB · Views: 110
The screenshot of the text message seems fairly clear. "outside influence" means something that is not a warranty issue. For example, if a rock or something is caught in there, thats outside influence and not a warranty situation.

The screenshot of the text message seems fairly clear. "outside influence" means something that is not a warranty issue. For example, if a rock or something is caught in there, thats outside influence and not a warranty situation.

Sounds like poor design and engineering to me. It's like a similar situation a friend of mine had with a rock getting caught on a brake shield in one of his wheels. I've owned many different cars and rarely have these types of problems happen.

So here's the video. And when I made and appointment through the app, I got this. What the hell? Is this a new policy? My Model 3 is still under warranty!
Pretty simple non issue response. They are not charging you anything unless as should be expected the find that you drove over a large object etc that damaged something that would for any maker not be covered. Many like to Assume the worst and go in with the the same doubt. They provided a transparent answer that in my view should manage expectations. My bet is an object or bird kicked up from the road and damaged one of the fan blades. Not generally a warranty issue.

Just had my 18 M3P in for a similar sound. Appointments seem to have a charge indicated as part of the process. Once found under warranty, no charge is applied.
My noise was the 5 way valve on the climate control. Made this type of noise when waking the car up in the AM, or if it sat for a time, and I opened the door.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch