Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: Tesla after-sale experience reviews in UK. What’s your experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve only had my MY 3 months, had one service visit to MK as windscreen had cracked, I asked them to check if could be replace under warranty

Took it to MK and within 20 mins they’d looked and agreed to replace under warranty, they asked if I would like to leave it which I said Ok but need a car, they went off and found a loaner, brilliant service

Had a notification windscreen was replaced around 5pm and drove over that evening to collect, that’s one nice touch you can collect even after they close

After dealing with BMW for last 12 years this was great

I find wipers OK but maybe just my perception after reading how awful they are before getting car my expectations were very low

Reactions: Adopado
Thank you very much, this is all incredibly helpful.

After nearly convincing myself I should look at other brands, I now feel more tempted to look at MY, I’ll probably go for another test drive with the RWD.

Perhaps one more question, automatic windscreen wipers, are these still problematic in the current models?
They can be rather erratic and light rain/spray seems to defeat them. On my Model Y, they 'usually' operate OK in normal or heavier rain and don't suffer from dry wiping, probably because I have never put Rain-X or other glass additives on any part of the windscreen. If you keep the glass around the two windscreen cameras clean and clear, my experience is that the wipers are mostly OK, albeit not as perfect as cars with proper sensors can be.

As the Model Y still has a button on the end of the LH steering wheel stalk, a quick press gives a single swipe and brings up a menu on screen with all the various options so for mist/spray I select the intermittent setting until it either worsens or improves. However, most of the time I leave the wipers on 'Auto'.

They can be rather erratic and light rain/spray seems to defeat them. On my Model Y, they 'usually' operate OK in normal or heavier rain and don't suffer from dry wiping, probably because I have never put Rain-X or other glass additives on any part of the windscreen. If you keep the glass around the two windscreen cameras clean and clear, my experience is that the wipers are mostly OK, albeit not as perfect as cars with proper sensors can be.

As the Model Y still has a button on the end of the LH steering wheel stalk, a quick press gives a single swipe and brings up a menu on screen with all the various options so for mist/spray I select the intermittent setting until it either worsens or improves. However, most of the time I leave the wipers on 'Auto'.
Thank you! So, I take it, one can still activate the windscreen wipers manually on MY without having to rely on a slightly temperamental automatic function.

Reactions: Roger20